It’s hard to argue against the NFC North as the toughest division in the NFL. All four teams are at least .500 and in the top 12 for defensive DVOA, and two of them are in the top seven for offensive DVOA. This matchup between the Vikings and the Lions takes on extra significance as both teams have yet to win a divisional game, so they both already trail the Packers and Bears in an important tiebreaker.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Despite a 4-2 record – six teams have only zero or one loss – the Vikings have the third-largest average margin of victory, trailing only the two undefeated teams. They have maintained a double-digit lead for the majority of all four wins, and they lost their only two close games. That could become a problem as the all five of the Lions’ games have been decided by four points or fewer.
A key matchup will be the Lions run game against the Vikings’ run defense. The Vikings have one of the best run defenses in the league, while the Lions have struggled on the ground when faced with any kind of resistance. In order to keep their offense moving, they’ll need to make the Vikings pay when Minnesota sends extra defenders out into pass coverage
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Vikings at Lions
Point Spread: Lions +2
Total Points: 44
Money Line: Lions +110; Vikings -125
Overall: Vikings 4-2; Lions 2-2-1
ATS: Vikings 4-2; Lions 4-1
O/U: Vikings 2-4; Lions 3-2
Notable Prop Bets
Dalvin Cook over 77.5 rushing yards -125; Alexander Mattison over 30.5 rushing yards -106; Dalvin Cook to have more rushing yards than Kerryon Johnson -167; Vikings to score more than 22.5 points -124
Kenny Golladay over 68.5 receiving yards -112; Lions the last team to score -113
- The Vikings have won 21 of their last 28 day games.
- The Vikings have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games in October.
- Each of the last 10 games between NFC North teams have gone under the total points line.
- Adam Thielen has scored the first touchdown in three of the Vikings last four games.
- Stefon Diggs has scored at least one touchdown in eight of his last nine appearances against NFC North opponents.
- Dalvin Cook has scored at least one touchdown in five of the Vikings last six games.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Lions’ last four October games against NFC opponents.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.