Last Thursday, we watched the Kansas City Chiefs re-establish their dominance in the AFC West with a 30-6 victory over the Denver Broncos. This Thursday, we’re likely to view something very similar. Washington heads up to Minnesota in a matchup that features one of the league’s worst vs. one of the league’s best. Kirk Cousins (DraftKings Showdown salary $12,00) has turned it on this month, leading all quarterbacks with 10 touchdowns thrown in October. He’s on a two-game streak of throwing four TDs, and while I don’t think the Vikings will need that from Cousins, it’s still a possibility.
Typically, I like to look at franchise history against each other. It’s a fun activity that adds some context. But for this one, what’s the use? We know the Vikings are going to win, unless some sort of miracle happens where Case Keenum ($8,000) carries his new team over one of his many old teams. To be fair, Keenum had his career-best season with the Vikings, so maybe there’s something about U.S. Bank Stadium? With his top two targets being Terry McLaurin ($9,200) and Jeremy Sprinkle ($3,400) and, most likely, not having Chris Thompson (toe) in the backfield, I don’t think we’re going to witness any miracles.
Instead, we’re probably going to see Dalvin Cook ($13,000 and most expensive) showcase his skills once again. He has rushed for over 100 yards in five of seven games this season, only missing out on an endzone visit in one. Cook leads the league in rushing yards per game (0.6 more than Christian McCaffrey) and is tied with Aaron Jones for most rushing TDs. The guy is an absolute BEAST. It wouldn’t shock me to see Cook put up more total yards than the entire Washington offense, who barely managed 150 yards last week vs. the Niners. Get ready for a Thursday night beatdown. Vikings to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Washington at Vikings
Point Spread: Washington +15.5
Total Points: 42
Money Line: Washington +700; Vikings -910
Overall: Washington 1-6; Vikings 5-2
ATS: Washington 2-5; Vikings 5-2
O/U: Washington 3-4; Vikings 3-4
Notable Prop Bets
- Terry McLaurin to score a TD: +285
- Paul Richardson under 27.5 receptions: -112
- Dalvin Cook to score 2+ TDs: +180
- Dalvin Cook over 87.5 rushing yards: -124
- The favorites have covered the spread in 17 of the Vikings’ last 18 games.
- Each of the last six games between Washington and the Vikings have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Vikings have won each of their last five games as favorites by a margin of 11 to 20 points.
- Dalvin Cook has scored the last touchdown in three of the Vikings’ last four games.
- Stefon Diggs has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Vikings’ last three night games at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Kyle Rudolph has scored a touchdown in three of the Vikings’ last four night games against NFC East opponents.
- Paul Richardson has scored a touchdown in three of his last four appearances against NFC North opponents.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.