A lot of anticipation is swirling around this game due to Drew Brees (DFS salary $6,300) potentially being a game-time decision. I’m writing this before knowing which quarterback will inevitably lead the Saints past the Cardinals, but I’m expecting it to be a similar outcome regardless of who it is. This is one of the week’s many games with a huge point spread, with Arizona getting ten. Somehow, there are still five other games with a larger point spread, so that should tell you what you need to know about Week 8.
The Cardinals haven’t been terrible this season, as they’re currently on a three-game winning streak. Granted, those three opponents have been the Giants, Falcons and Bengals, but all wins count the same. The Saints have a five-game winning streak of their own, which has all been accomplished with Teddy Bridgewater ($5,900) throwing the ball. As we all know, the Cardinals’ pass defense is one of the worst in the league. Bridgewater or Brees will be able to pick apart this secondary, feeding the hot hand of Michael Thomas ($8,000) who is averaging nearly nine catches per game and over 100 receiving yards.
Surprisingly enough, Kyler Murray ($6,200) and the Cardinals have been taken very good care of the ball, giving it away a league-low of four times. If the Saints are able to score at will, there’s no reason to think the Cardinals can’t put up some points of their own to push this one over 49.5, even if David Johnson (ankle) is limited or out. Aside from Brees, we’ll want to keep an eye on Alvin Kamara ($7,600) as he remains a question mark. Latavius Murray ($5,800) proved that he can get the job done, cutting up Chicago’s run defense for 119 yards and two touchdowns last week. If Brees and Kamara are ruled out, I’d take the Cardinals to cover. But if either or both are good to go, I’d expect to the spread to grow. This will be a tough game to bet.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Cardinals at Saints
Point Spread: Cardinals +10
Total Points: 49.5
Money Line: Cardinals +360; Saints -480
Overall: Cardinals 3-3-1; Saints 6-1
ATS: Cardinals 5-2; Saints 5-2
O/U: Cardinals 4-3; Saints 4-3
Notable Prop Bets
- Kyler Murray over 244.5 passing yards: -112
- Chase Edmonds to score a TD: +100
- Latavius Murray to score a TD and team to win: -155
- Ted Ginn Jr. over 3.5 receptions: +100
- The Saints have won 18 of their last 21 home games.
- The Saints have covered the spread in each of their last 11 games in October.
- Eleven of the Cardinals’ last 12 games against NFC South opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
- David Johnson has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last five appearances against NFC South opponents.
- Michael Thomas has scored at least one touchdown in six of the Saints’ last seven regular season day games at Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Chase Edmonds has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Cardinals’ last three games.
- Alvin Kamara has scored two or more touchdowns in three of the Saints’ last four regular season games against NFC West opponents.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.