What’s the best way to recover from a three-game losing streak? Go up against two of the worst teams in the league in consecutive weeks. I’m talking about the Los Angeles Rams, of course. Following a cake-walk of a win last week in Atlanta, the Rams are going to the U.K. to take on the 0-7 Bengals. The spread sits at 13 points, which is one that would only have been covered by two of Cincinnati’s seven opponents. But after a dominant performance on both sides of the ball, Los Angeles should be able to be the third.
The Bengals have the worst rushing defense in the league, but that doesn’t necessarily mean automatic usage from Todd Gurley ($7,400.) The Rams have been utilizing rookie Darrelle Henderson Jr. ($4,000) more frequently over the past two games. If this turns into a blowout, which it easily could, I think we’ll see a lot of Henderson. He’s especially explosive when getting to the outside, which is something that the Bengals are very susceptible to. If the game plan is to keep the ball on the ground, expect to see this rushing duo in full force.
One thing’s for certain, Andy Dalton ($5,000) will be throwing a lot. He hasn’t thrown less than 20 completions in a game this season, as his team is constantly playing from behind. While Dalton’s typically been favoring Tyler Boyd ($5,100) and Auden Tate ($4,200,) last week he locked on to Alex Erickson ($3,700) for eight catches and 137 yards. The passes will flow from Dalton’s arm, it’s just a question of which target he’ll stick to. It’s worth noting that Andy’s thrown the third-most interceptions of all quarterbacks this season, averaging slightly more than one per game. With Jalen Ramsey rejuvenating this Rams defense, I’d expect to see at least one turnover from the Bengals’ QB. Rams to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bengals at Rams
Point Spread: Bengals +12
Total Points: 47.5
Money Line: Bengals +440; Rams -560
Overall: Bengals 0-7; Rams 4-3
ATS: Bengals 3-4; Rams 5-2
O/U: Bengals 2-4-1; Rams 3-4
Notable Prob Bets
- Joe Mixon under 54.5 rushing yards: -112
- Alex Erickson over 4.5 receptions: +135
- Darrell Henderson to score a TD and team to win: +145
- Jared Goff under 275.5 passing yards: -112
- The Bengals have covered the spread in six of their last seven Sunday games as underdogs.
- Each of the Rams’ last eight games against AFC North opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Bengals have lost seven of their last eight day games by a margin of 1 to 10 points.
- Todd Gurley II has scored the first touchdown in each of the Rams’ last three day games against AFC opponents.
- Andy Dalton has scored the last touchdown in each of the Bengals’ last two games.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.