In what is expected to be one of the highest-scoring games on the slate, the Raiders will play the Texans at NRG Stadium. The Raiders are underdogs are the sixth team this season and sport a 3-3 record when they are. This is arguably one of the best matchups for Derek Carr against a Texans defense that’s allowing an average of 294 passing yards while opposing quarterbacks haven’t thrown less than 33 pass attempts in a game. Carr should benefit from getting Tyrell Williams back into the mix, who has only played four games this season but is averaging six targets and 54 yards per game when active. Darren Waller continues to be the number one option in this offense, averaging 8.3 targets, 80 yards and two touchdowns, both of which came last week. These guys should be very busy against the Texans.
The Texans are favored in this game, a spot where they have a 2-1 record in on the season. They’ll be without their WR2 in Will Fuller, who is sidelined for several weeks with a hamstring injury. While he’s the big-play threat in this offense, it gives other opportunities for some of the other receivers. Fuller has been off the field for 80 snaps this season and when that happens, DeAndre Hopkins sees a 30.8% target share followed by Keke Coutee at 20.5% and Kenny Stills at 10.3%.They should be able to feast on a Raiders’ secondary that’s allowed an average of 187 yards per game, 10 touchdowns and a 64.5% catch rate. Their run defense has been one of the only bright spots for the Raiders defensively, which could end up being a trouble spot late in the game if the Texans are looking to run the clock out with a lead.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook
Raiders at Texans
Point Spread: Texans -6.5
Total Points: 51.5
Money Line: Raiders +240; Texans -278
Overall 2019: Raiders 3-3; Texans 4-3
ATS 2019: Raiders 3-3; Texans 4-3
O/U 2019: Raiders 4-2; Texans 4-3
Notable Prop Bets
Raiders team total over 22.5 points -114
Texans total touchdowns over 3.5 +120
Texans moneyline and over 51.5 points +155
- The Raiders have lost 12 of their last 14 road games.
- The Raiders have covered the spread in eight of their last nine road games against AFC South opponents.
- Each of the last four games between the Raiders and Texans have gone OVER the total points line.
- DeAndre Hopkins has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Texans’ last five October home games against AFC opponents.
- Tyrell Williams has scored a touchdown in each of his last four outings.
- Deshaun Watson has scored a touchdown on three of the Texans’ last four regular season games at NRG Stadium.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.