The Browns are looking to come into Gillette Stadium and hand the Patriots their first loss of the season, something that Jarvis Landry has guaranteed. The 2-4 Browns are currently riding a two-game losing streak and are 1-2 on the season as underdogs. It’s tough to figure out an area in which the Browns can try and exploit the Patriots defense, as they’ve been great both on the ground and through the air. The Browns are a very pass-heavy team, doing so on 64% of their offensive snaps. The Patriots have held opposing receivers to an average of 115 receiving yards, only one touchdown and a 47.3% catch rate, the lowest in the league.
With the number of turnovers Baker Mayfield has been generating, it may be in their best interest to try and keep the Patriots off the field and grind with Nick Chubb. Chubb is averaging just over 23 touches a game while hitting pay dirt on six different occasions. Of course, the Patriots run defense has been stellar as well, allowing an average of 56 rushing yards and zero touchdowns to opposing backs. No matter how you slice it, the Browns are in for a tough game.
The Patriots are big favorites and are 7-0 this season when favored. This is a team that is usually touted as a strong offense but the defense is what’s really been carrying them. The Browns have accounted for a league-leading 11 interceptions and three fumbles lost, which are not stats you want to have against this team. The Patriots have grabbed 18 interceptions, which for comparison is nine more than the Panthers, who have nine. With all this wrapped together, it’s hard to envision anything other than a Patriots win in this game.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook
Browns at Patriots
Point Spread: Patriots -11.5
Total Points: 46
Money Line: Browns +500; Patriots -625
Overall 2019: Browns 2-4; Patriots 7-0
ATS 2019: Browns 2-4; Patriots 5-2
O/U 2019: Browns 3-3; Patriots 2-5
Notable Prop Bets
Patriots to score 1st touchdowns -225
Total touchdowns scored over 4.5 -167
Patriots over 3.5 touchdowns +117
- The Patriots have won each of their last 19 games at Gillette Stadium
- The road team has covered the spread in eight of the Browns’ last nine games.
- Fourteen of the Patriots’ last 18 games as favorites have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Patriots have won the first quarter in each of their last 13 games at Gillette Stadium.
- Sony Michel has scored the first touchdown in six of the Patriots’ last 10 games.
- Tom Brady has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Patriots’ last three October games at Gillette Stadium.
- Phillip Dorsett has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Patriots’ last four home games against AFC opponents.
- Nick Chubb has scored at least one touchdown in five of the Browns’ last six Sunday day games as underdogs.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.