Last Thursday, Washington kept it relatively close against Minnesota, eventually losing the low-scoring battle 19-9. This Thursday, though the spread is similar (Cardinals +10.5), the outcome should be much different. Jimmy Garoppolo (DraftKings Showdown salary $10,400 and most expensive player) has turned this into one of the most lethal offenses in the league, mostly by utilizing the run game. Mix that up with a defense that’s allowed the fourth-fewest yards and points per game and you have yourself a recipe for a blowout.
If you want to add a bit more points to your blowout, simply add injuries! With David Johnson (ankle) and Chase Edmonds (hamstring) not practicing, the Cardinals are thin at running back. So thin, they traded for Miami’s Kenyan Drake ($6,800) this week. After two weeks without throwing a touchdown, Kyler Murray ($9,800) will have to adjust to a new lead back while trying to find a rhythm with his receivers. That’s a difficult task by itself, never mind being matched up against a defense with 27 sacks (fourth-most) and 10 interceptions (equal second).
The Cardinals have won the last eight meetings with the 49ers. That trend ends this week. All signs point to another defensively dominant performance from San Francisco. Coming off of a 51-point showing against Carolina last week, we could be in for an offensively dominant outing, as well. The 49ers should be able to easily maintain their undefeated record and cover the spread.
It’s been tough predicting which Niners’ rusher is going to be the best option, as six different players have found the endzone on the ground this season. Though, with Matt Breida ($6,600) and Raheem Mostert ($4,800) dealing with injuries on a short week, TD-leader Tevin Coleman ($9,000) could see a big bump in volume with Jeff Wilson ($2,000) as his backup.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
49ers at Cardinals
Point Spread: Cardinals +10.5
Total Points: 43
Money Line: 49ers -435; Cardinals +370
Overall: 49ers 7-0; Cardinals 3-4-1
ATS: 49ers 5-2; Cardinals 5-3
O/U: 49ers 2-5; Cardinals 4-4
Notable Prop Bets
- Jeff Wilson to score a TD: +210
- Emmanuel Sanders to have more receiving yards than Christian Kirk: +110
- Kenyan Drake to score a TD: +260
- Kyler Murray under 20.5 completions: -118
- The 49ers have won each of their last seven games.
- The Cardinals have failed to cover the spread in 13 of their last 14 night games at State Farm Stadium.
- Nine of the last 10 night games between teams from the same division have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Larry Fitzgerald has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Cardinals’ last five October games against the 49ers.
- Tevin Coleman has scored at least one touchdown in three of the 49ers’ last four games.
- Matt Breida has scored at least one touchdown in three of the 49ers’ last four night games.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.