In Week 7, Patrick Mahomes (DFS salary $7,000) suffered a knee injury that would seemingly keep him out for three to five weeks. Fast forward two weeks later, and the former MVP could potentially return against the Vikings, as he’s essentially a game time decision. This seems to be the season of miraculously quick recoveries for star players (shout out Saquon Barkley and Drew Brees). Considering Mahomes’ status and the impact he would make in this game if he suits up, the odds have yet to be released.
The visiting Vikings come into this one on a four-game winning streak, sitting in second place in the NFC North. Dalvin Cook ($9,500) leads the league in rushing yards and touchdowns, while the passing game has erupted as of late to create one of the most potent offenses of any team. Kirk Cousins ($6,700) dropped below 300 passing yards for the first time in four games last week, but with an 88.5% completion rate, he maintained his top-tier play in an easy win over Washington.
The Chiefs have the ninth-worst defense in terms of yards allowed per game. If Mahomes is able to, we may witness a high-scoring competition. If Matt Moore ($4,800) runs the offense, which seems to be the more likely outcome, then we can expect a slower-paced game. In either scenario, I’m taking the Vikings to win, but only covering the spread if Moore starts.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Vikings at Chiefs
Point Spread: Chiefs +4
Total Points: 47
Money Line: Vikings -205; Chiefs +165
Overall: Vikings 6-2; Chiefs 5-3
ATS: Vikings 5-3; Chiefs 4-4
O/U: Vikings 3-5; Chiefs 5-3
- The favorites have won 18 of the Vikings’ last 19 games.
- The Vikings have covered the spread in 16 of their last 20 games against AFC opponents.
- Twenty-one of the Chiefs’ last 28 day games at Arrowhead Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Adam Thielen has scored the first touchdown in four of the Vikings’ last five Sunday games as favorites.
- Dalvin Cook has scored at least one touchdown in seven of the Vikings’ last eight games.
- Damien Williams has scored at least one touchdown in seven of his last eight appearances at Arrowhead Stadium.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.