This could get ugly. The Patriots’ defense has allowed the fewest points all season, including teams who have played fewer games, and they finally gave up their first touchdown of the season in the third quarter of Week 4. Washington is fourth-to-last in scoring. The Patriots are fifth in points scored, while Washington is second-to-last in points allowed.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Washington has not yet announced who will start at QB for them, but it shouldn’t make much difference. Whoever they start has no DFS or traditional fantasy appeal against the New England secondary, arguably the best in the league. Furthermore, none of the options are good enough to improve Washington’s chance to cover the spread.
Washington is well past playing for this season – these players and this coaching staff is playing for their jobs. So while the game is unlikely to be competitive, Washington is unlikely to give up even once they get down by a lot.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Patriots at Washington
Point Spread: Washington +15
Total Points: 42.5
Money Line: Washington +650; Patriots -910
Overall: Patriots 4-0; Washington 0-4
ATS: Patriots 2-2; Washington 1-3
O/U: Patriots 1-3; Washington 3-1
Notable Prop Bets
First team to score -315; First team to score 25 points -205
Washington to score under 1.5 TDs -143; Washington to score under 13.5 points -117
- Washington has lost each of their last six home games.
- Washington has covered the spread in 20 of their last 28 Sunday games as underdogs.
- Five of Washington’s last six games at FedEx Field have gone over the total points line.
- In five of Washington’s last six home games, the highest scoring quarter has been the second.
- Washington has won the first quarter in each of their last five October games as home underdogs.
- Sony Michel has scored the first touchdown in five of the Patriots’ last seven games.
- Terry McLaurin has scored a touchdown in each of his previous three appearances.
- James White has scored at least one touchdown in five of the Patriots’ last seven games against NFC opponents.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.