Two of the NFL’s best defenses face off Sunday in a matchup that is unexpectedly rife with playoff implications. With one fourth of the season in the books, the Bills are leading the AFC Wild Card race, and the Titans are in a four-way tie for the AFC South lead. Entering Week 5, only three AFC teams are above .500. A winning record and a victory – and, therefore, a tiebreaker – over a potential Wild Card foe awaits the winner.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Both teams have surprised this season, but there remains considerable skepticism about both teams. The Bills’ victories have come against teams with a combined 2-9 record, and Josh Allen (concussion) is expected to play in Week 5 after clearing the concussion protocol. Meanwhile, though his stats are decent, Marcus Mariota has looked like a below-average QB unable to adapt if his primary reads are unavailable.
The Bills boast the fourth-best defensive DVOA, and the Titans have allowed the fourth-fewest points per game. The over/under is the lowest of any game in Week 5. It promises to be an old-fashioned slugfest.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bills at Titans
Point Spread: Bills +3
Total Points: 38.5
Money Line: Titans -155; Bills +128
Overall: Bills 3-1; Titans 2-2
ATS: Bills 3-1; Titans 2-2
O/U: Bills 0-4; Titans 1-3
- The underdogs have won each of the last four games between the Bills and Titans.
- The Bills have covered the spread in five of their last six games.
- Eight of the Bills last nine road games have gone under the total points line.
- Derrick Henry has scored the first touchdown in three of the Titans’ last five games as favorites.
- Josh Allen has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Bills’ last five games.
- Zay Jones has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Bills’ last four games as road underdogs.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.