The Miami Dolphins will look to extend their two-game winning streak this weekend. That’s something I didn’t think I’d say this season. And yet, here we are. The Buffalo Bills, who were off to a hot start but have since cooled off, will travel to Florida to finish up their division series with the Fins. With the Bills trying to keep a grip on a Wild Card spot, this game will mean much more to the visitors than the hosts. But that clearly hasn’t stopped the Dolphins.
In their first matchup, Ryan Fitzpatrick (DFS salary $5,100) had just taken over as the starting quarterback in place of Josh Rosen. While the Bills won that game, it certainly didn’t come easy. The Dolphins held a 21-9 lead in the fourth quarter, only to lose 31-21. Since then, Miami’s defense has seemingly improved, allowing just 15 points per game in its last two. And Buffalo’s offense isn’t anything special, ranking 25th in points per game this season. With Fitzmagic at the helm, there’s a possibility the Fins find a way to get a lead and actually maintain it this time around.
In the four games from their first meeting this season, Fitzpatrick has thrown one more touchdown than Josh Allen ($6,600). On the other hand, Allen hasn’t thrown any interceptions in that span, while Fitzpatrick has four. The Bills like to play conservative, which is why they have the ninth-fewest yards per game. Considering the Dolphins have the second-fewest, this game’s shaping up to be a snoozer. I think Miami has what it takes to cover the spread here, but after seeing each other just a month prior, the defensive schemes should be more fine-tuned keeping the total under 40.5 points.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bills at Dolphins
Point Spread: Dolphins +6.5
Total Points: 40.5
Money Line: Bills -278; Dolphins +240
Overall: Bills 6-3; Dolphins 2-7
ATS: Bills 5-3-1; Dolphins 5-4
O/U: Bills 2-7; Dolphins 3-6
- Jerry Hughes (DE) - Questionable
- Ken Webster (CB) - OUT
- Taco Charlton (DE) - Questionable
- Raekwon McMillan (LB) - Questionable
- Reshad Jones (S) - Questionable
- Avery Moss (DE) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Devin Singletary to score a TD and team to win: +140
- Frank Gore under 27.5 rushing yards: +115
- Ryan Fitzpatrick to throw more TDs than Josh Allen: +104
- Ryan Fitzpatrick over 1.5 TD passes: +205
- The Bills have won four of their last five games against the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins have covered the spread in each of their last five games.
- Each of the Bills’ last six road games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Cole Beasley has scored the first touchdown in two of the Bills’ last three games.
- DeVante Parker has scored a touchdown in four of the Dolphins’ last five Sunday games.
- Josh Allen has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Bills’ last four road games.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.