The Denver Broncos, one of the worst teams in the league, will visit the Minnesota Vikings, one of the best teams, this weekend. That combination has equated to the second largest spread (Broncos +10) of the weekend. The Vikings are aiming to keep pace with the Packers for the NFC North title. Although the Broncos are coming off a bye week, the Vikings shouldn’t have any issue protecting their undefeated home (and turf) record.
When Joe Flacco joined the Broncos this season, some heads turned. Ultimately, he ended up underperforming (or just performing?) and was benched due to injury following Week 8. Before the bye week, rookie Brandon Allen (DFS salary $4,700) took over and led Denver to a victory over Cleveland, throwing for 193 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions. That one game resulted in a better passer rating than Flacco had all season. Unfortunately, that won’t mean much heading in Minnesota, whose defense has allowed the fifth-fewest points per game.
The Vikings offense will be filled with confidence after a very important road win against the Cowboys last week. With Kirk Cousins ($6,300) ranking third in passer rating this season and Dalvin Cook ($8,900) ranking third in rushing touchdowns and yards per game, there’s no reason they should come to a halt this week. Adam Thielen (hamstring) will miss this game, which could free up some space for (or shift all of the focus to) Stefon Diggs ($6,900). Regardless, the Vikings haven’t won by less than 10 points at home all season, and I don’t expect that to happen here. Minnesota to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Broncos at Vikings
Point Spread: Broncos +10
Total Points: 40
Money Line: Broncos +375; Vikings -455
Overall: Broncos 3-6; Vikings 7-3
ATS: Broncos 5-4; Vikings 6-4
O/U: Broncos 3-6; Vikings 5-5
- Bryce Callahan (CB) - OUT
- Jeff Heuerman (TE) - Doubtful
- Ja’Wuan James (T) - Doubtful
- DaeSean Hamilton (WR) - Questionable
- Adam Thielen (WR) - OUT
- Josh Kline (G) - OUT
- Linval Joseph (DT) - OUT
- Anthony Harris (S) - OUT
- Andrew Sendejo (S) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Courtland Sutton to have more receiving yards than Stefon Diggs: +101
- Phillip Lindsay to score a TD: +190
- Dalvin Cook over 20.5 rushing attemps: -112
- Dalvin Cook to score 2+ TDs: +210
- The Vikings have won seven of their last eight home games.
- The Broncos have covered the spread in each of their last four day games.
- Eight of the Broncos’ last nine road games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Royce Freeman has scored the first touchdown in two of the Broncos’ last three games.
- Phillip Lindsay has scored at least one touchdown in six of the Broncos’ last seven Sunday road games.
- Dalvin Cook has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Vikings’ last four home games.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.