Are the Raiders ... good? It’s an odd reality after what happened to them last season, but they are a team we have to take seriously as they continue to push for the playoffs. Oakland is 5-4 and at +137 odds, the DK Sportsbook gives it a near 50/50 shot to play into the postseason. The Raiders’ defense is 29th in the league in DVOA, so this is a team being carried by offense. Oakland is fifth in offensive DVOA and is strong in both the run and pass game. Just a year ago, it seemed like Derek Carr’s days as a Raider could be coming to an end. Now we can say with certainty that isn’t the case. He has the best passer rating of his career and has a stable of strong skill position players around him. Tyrell Williams, Darren Waller and Josh Jacobs are all having great seasons.
There isn’t much question as to whether the Bengals are good or bad. They stink. The last winless team in the league, Cincinnati has a fun prop bet of +600 to finish the season 0-16. Even though the Raiders’ defense has struggled, I am not sure Ryan Finley will be able to take advantage. He’s making the second start of his career and the first one was far from spectacular. The Bengals lost, 49-13, and FInley was only able to throw for 167 yards despite a favorable game script for most of the day. The Ravens’ defense scored a pair of touchdowns while the Bengals only mustered 13 points. Maybe the game would have been slightly closer if they ran the offense from “The Waterboy” and kneeled every play so the Ravens couldn’t score defensive touchdowns. It’s hard to imagine a situation where the Bengals are expected be competitive, let alone win a football game.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bengals at Raiders
Point Spread: Bengals +11.5
Total Points: 48.5
Money Line: Bengals + 525; Raiders - 625
Overall 2019: Bengals 0-9; Raiders 5-4
ATS 2019: Bengals 3-6; Raiders 6-3
O/U 2019: Bengals 3-5-1; Raiders 6-3
- Trent Brown (T) - Questionable
- Dwayne Harris (WR/RS) - Questionable
- Lamarcus Joyner (S) - Out
- David Sharpe (T) - Out
- A.J. Green (WR) - Out
- Dre Kirkpatrick (CB) - Out
- Drew Sample (TE) - Out
- Bobby Hart (OT) - Out
- Geno Atkins (DT) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Joe Mixon to score a touchdown: +160
- Derek Carr over 252.5 passing yards: -112
- Josh Jacobs over 12.5 receiving yards: -112
- The Bengals have lost each of their last 15 games as underdogs.
- The Raiders have covered the spread in six of their last seven games at RingCentral Coliseum.
- Nine of the Raiders’ last 10 games against AFC North opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Bengals have lost the first quarter in eight of their last nine November games against AFC opponents.
- Josh Jacobs has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Raiders’ last four games RingCentral Coliseum.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.