For the first time since Super Bowl 52, the Patriots and Eagles are playing against each other. Not only are the Patriots trying to get back the loss from that game, they are also trying to bounce back from their first loss of the season. Unable to slow down the Ravens in primetime last week, New England gave up 37 points in a one sided loss. It was the first time we have seen the Patriots’ defense falter this season. Prior to last week, they hadn’t given up more than 14 points in any game all season. New England still has the top ranked defense in the league by DVOA and last week’s game was likely more of a fluke than the start of a trend. Lamar Jackson presents problems that no other quarterback can emulate.
Carson Wentz has his hands full against the Patriots’ defense. Not only is it the top ranked unit by DVOA, they rank second in pass defense DVOA. Overall, Wentz has been solid this year although he seems to have taken a step back from what we saw from him in previous years prior to his injuries. His 6.8 yard per attempt is his lowest mark since his rookie season. Wentz is going to have to avoid making mistakes in this spot. The Patriots’ defense has more touchdowns than any other defense in the league.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Patriots vs. Eagles betting Odds
Point Spread: Eagles +4
Total Points: 44.5
Money Line: Eagles +180; Patriots -205
Overall 2019: Eagles 5-4; Patriots 8-1
ATS 2019: Eagles 4-5; Patriots 6-3
O/U 2019: Eagles 5-4; Patriots 3-6
- Nigel Bradham (LB) - Out
- Alshon Jeffery (WR) - Out
- Jordan Howard (RB) - Questionable
- Darren Sproles (RB) - OUT
- Nate Ebner (DB) - Questionable
- Patrick Chung (S) - Questionable
- Matt LaCosse (TE) - Questionable
- Danny Shelton (DL) - Questionable
- John Simon (DE) - Questionable
- Damien Harris (RB) - Questionable
- Gunner Olszewski (WR) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Jordan Howard to score at least two touchdowns: +550
- Miles Sanders to score a touchdown: -139
- Sony Michel over 42.5 rushing yards: -112
- Tom Brady over 280.5 passing yards: -112
- The Patriots have won 34 of their last 39 day games.
- The Patriots have covered the spread in each of their last six games against NFC opponents.
- Each of the Patriots’ last eight games following a loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Jordan Howard has scored a touchdown in each of the Eagles’ last three home games.
- Sony Michel has scored a touchdown in three of the Patriots’ last four games following a loss.
- Zach Ertz has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Eagles’ last five games in November.
- Julian Edelman has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Patriots’ last four day games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.