The Cowboys-Lions matchup features two teams heading in opposite directions. The Cowboys lead the NFC East, though only by virtue of the tiebreaker. They’ve won two of their past three and have scored at least 22 points in five games in a row. The Lions, on the other hand, have lost five of their last six and have fallen to 11th in the NFC. They’re three games back of the Wild Card, and four games back in the NFC North. Mathematically they still have a chance at the playoffs, but, realistically, the Lions are playing for their jobs and not the postseason.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
In addition to their cold streak, the Lions will be without Matthew Stafford (back) for the second week in a row. Jeff Driskel, a 2016 sixth round pick who started six games for the Bengals in 2018, will get his second start as a Lion. Driskel is more mobile than Stafford, but is no where near as capable as a passer. The Cowboys’ defense is an easier matchup than the Bears, who he faced in Week 10, but Driskel didn’t do much that would inspire confidence heading into Week 11.
The Cowboys still have some injuries along their offensive line, but their skill position groups are about as healthy as any team in the league. The Lions have been one of the worst defenses in the league, though they will have star cornerback Darius Slay (neck) available, a prospect that looked uncertain earlier in the week.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Cowboys at Lions
Point Spread: Lions +6.5
Total Points: 46.5
Money Line: Lions +230; Cowboys -286
Overall: Cowboys 5-4; Lions 3-5-1
ATS: Cowboys 5-4; Lions 4-5
O/U: Cowboys 6-3; Lions 6-3
- Cowboys’ WR Amari Cooper (knee, ankle) will play. He did not practice Wednesday and was limited on Thursday and Friday, but the team announced ahead of time that his light practice load this week was precautionary.
- Cowboys’ WR Michael Gallup (knee) will play. He was listed on the injury report, but participated in full all week.
- Cowboys’ T Tyron Smith (ankle) will play. He was listed on the injury report, but participated in full all week.
- Lions’ QB Matthew Stafford (hip, back) is out.
- Lions’ RB Ty Johnson (concussion) is questionable. He missed practice on Wednesday, was limited on Thursday, and participated in full on Friday.
- Lions’ WR Danny Amendola (hand) will play. He was listed on the injury report, but participated in full all week.
- Lions’ CB Darius Slay (neck) will play. He was limited in Thursday’s practice.
Notable Prop Bets
Parlay Cowboys money line and under +160; Cowboys last team to score -132
Lions to score under 2.5 touchdowns -195; Total first quarter points (both teams combined) over 7.5 -112
- The Lions have lost five of their last six games.
- The Cowboys have covered the spread in six of their last seven road games in November.
- Eight of the Cowboys’ last 10 games against NFC opponents have gone over the total points line.
- Kenny Golladay has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Lions’ last three games.
- Ezekiel Elliott has scored a touchdown in four of the Cowboys’ last five road games.
- Amari Cooper has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Cowboys’ last four November games as favorites.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.