Week 12 Thursday Night Football has the potential to be a season-defining game. The Indianapolis Colts travel to take on their AFC South rivals, the Houston Texans. Both teams sit at 6-4, but the Colts have the tiebreaker with a 3-0 division record. Earlier in the season, Jacoby Brissett (DraftKings Showdown salary $10,400) led his team past the Texans with a 30-23 win. We’ll hope for another high-scoring and hopefully civil TNF game after last week’s helmet controversy in Cleveland.
The Texans haven’t won at home against the Colts since 2016, and that game required overtime. The last time they got a home victory in regulation was back in 2012. Yet, while Deshaun Watson ($11,600) and Co. are coming off of a demoralizing loss in Baltimore, this game is the perfect remedy to get the season back on track. Will Fuller ($7,800) was eventually ruled out last week, but it appears he has a chance to return here. Regardless, Watson will look to build off of his connection with DeAndre Hopkins ($11,000), who caught seven for 80 yards against the Ravens.
While the Colts picked up a win against the Jaguars last week, they lost Marlon Mack (hand) in the process. Jonathan Williams ($5,600) took over the lead RB role and tallied 116 rushing yards. Although it was a promising performance, an injury to another key offensive player is exactly what the Colts don’t need. Now, with Mack, Hilton ($9,600) and Ebron ($4,600) all potentially out for this one, Brissett’s options will be limited against a team whose offense averages the seventh-most yards and 10th-most points. Indy’s best bet is to lock down its opponent much like it did in Kansas City earlier this season.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Colts at Texans
Point Spread: Colts +3.5
Total Points: 46
Money Line: Colts +163; Texans -200
Overall: Colts 6-4; Texans 6-4
ATS: Colts 5-4-1; Texans 5-5
O/U: Colts 6-4; Texans 4-6
Injury Report (Tuesday)
- Marlon Mack (RB) - OUT
- Shakial Taylor (CB) - OUT
- Khari Willis (S) - OUT
- Parris Campbell (WR) - OUT
- Eric Ebron (TE) - Questionable
- T.Y. Hilton (WR) - Questionable
- Rock Ya-Sin (CB) - Questionable
- Mike Adams (S) - OUT
- Lonnie Johnson Jr. (CB) - OUT
- Justin Reid (S) - OUT
- Will Fuller V (WR) - Questionable
- Tashaun Gipson Sr. (S) - Questionable
- Bradley Roby (CB) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Jack Doyle to score a TD: +140
- DeAndre Hopkins over 6.5 receptions: -106
- Deshaun Watson over 25.5 rushing yards: -109
- The Colts have won each of their last six games against AFC South opponents.
- The Texans have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games following a road loss.
- Each of the Texans’ last six home games against AFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Eric Ebron has scored a touchdown in each of the Colts’ last four games against the Texans.
- DeAndre Hopkins has scored a touchdown in each of his last four regular season appearances against the Colts.
- Zach Pascal has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Colts’ last three regular season games against the Texans.
- Jacoby Brissett has scored a touchdown in each of his last two appearances in night games.
- Darren Fells has scored two touchdowns in each of the Texans’ last two home games.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.