Don’t look now, but Oakland is in their first true playoff race in years. They are just a game back in the win column from the Chiefs in the AFC West, and tied with the AFC South loser for the final wild car spot. The Raiders could very well be in the playoffs in just the second year of Jon Gruden’s tenure. The offense is ranked seventh in Football Outsiders DVOA and fifth in yards per play, and has been the driving force for Oakland’s success. Unfortunately, they have struggled on defense, ranking just 29th in DVOA and 25th in yards per play allowed. Their lack of pass rush has hurt their ability to stop strong passing attacks. The Raiders are 29th in pressure percentage en route to allowing the seventh-most adjusted net yards per pass attempt.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
The Jets have put together three wins this year, but it isn’t exactly a star-studded lineup of teams they have beaten. The Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins are a combined 5-25 with a -380 point differential. The offense has been a complete mess, ranking last in DVOA, last in pass DVOA, and second-to-last in yards per play. Despite having a young quarterback in Sam Darnold that still merits optimism, the pieces around him have not been enough to result in consistent production. The Jets have been solid defensively, particularly against the run, where they rank second in DVOA (11th overall).
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Raiders at Jets
Point Spread: Jets +3
Total Points: 46.5
Money Line: Jets +140; Raiders -159
Overall 2019: Raiders 6-4; Jets 3-7
ATS 2019: Raidders 6-4; Jets 4-6
O/U 2019: Raiders 6-4; Jets 6-4
Raiders - S LaMarcus Joyner (hamstring) questionable
Jets - LB C.J. Mosley (groin) out, WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) questionable
Notable Prop Bets
Raiders Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 -122, Under 2.5 -108
Jets Total Points - Over 22.5 -110, Under 22.5 -117
Total Yards of Longest Successful Field Goal - Over 44.5 -115, Under 44.5 -115
Total Game Touchdowns - Over 5.5 +130, Under 5.5 -180
- The Raiders have won 16 of their last 18 games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Jets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six home games against AFC opponents.
- Each of the Jets’ last four games have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Raiders have won the first quarter in each of their last five road games against AFC East opponents.
- Jamison Crowder has scored a touchdown in each of the Jets’ last three games.
- Foster Moreau has scored a touchdown in four of the Raiders’ last five day games.
- Le’Veon Bell has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last six Sunday appearances in home games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.