The Cleveland Browns get their second consecutive home game this week as they try to move past the Myles Garrett helmet incident. Without one of their most prominent defensive presences, the Browns should still be able to handle the lowly Miami Dolphins. While it’s Cleveland’s first time in over a decade going into a game as double-digit favorites, it’s familiar territory for Miami to be double-digit underdogs.
On that same point, the last time these two met back in 2016, the Dolphins were actually 10-point favorites. They won it in overtime to mark two wins in a row against the Browns franchise. The outcome should be a bit different this time around. After throwing at least one interception in each of his first seven games of the season, Baker Mayfield (DFS salary $5,900) will face one of the league’s worst defenses to extend his three-game turnover-less streak.
Perhaps this is the week that Odell Beckham Jr. ($7,000) finally goes off? The star wide receiver is having his statistically worst season and being overshadowed by teammate Jarvis Landry ($6,300). There’s a possibility that Landry’s old teammate, Devante Parker ($5,200), boasts bigger stats than both Browns WRs, coming off of a game with seven catches for 135 yards. I’d wager it’s more likely that Nick Chubb ($8,100) outshines all receivers in a home game where the Browns are heavily favored. Not to mention the Dolphins are allowing the second-most rushing yards per game. Yes, Kareem Hunt ($5,600) is active for the Browns, but he hasn’t cut into Chubb’s carries as he’s primarily used in the passing game.
Cleveland has let its fans down before, but I don’t think that will be the case this week. I’m predicting a low-scoring game (under 45.5 points) and the Dolphins to cover, as long as Ryan Fitzpatrick ($5,000) is healthy enough to play the whole game.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Dolphins at Browns
Point Spread: Dolphins +11
Total Points: 45.5
Money Line: Dolphins +440; Browns -530
Overall: Dolphins 2-8; Browns 4-6
ATS: Dolphins 5-5; Browns 3-6-1
O/U: Dolphins 4-6; Browns 4-6
- Taco Charlton (DE) - Questionable
- Ken Webster (CB) - Doubtful
- Eric Murray (S) - OUT
- Olivier Vernon (DE) - OUT
- Joe Schobert (LB) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Devante Parker over 59.5 receiving yards: -112
- Kalen Ballage to score a TD: +125
- Jarvis Landry over 61.5 receiving yards: -112
- Nick Chubb over 20.5 rushing attempts: -107
- The Dolphins have lost 10 of their last 11 road games.
- The Dolphins have covered the spread in each of their last four games following a loss.
- Seven of the Browns’ last eight November games at FirstEnergy Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Jarvis Landry has scored a touchdown in each of the Browns’ last three games.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick has scored a touchdown in each of the Dolphins’ last two road day games.
- DeVante Parker has scored a touchdown in four of the Dolphins’ last six Sunday games.
- Odell Beckham Jr. has scored at least one touchdown in four of his last six appearances against AFC East opponents.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.