This week, the NFC South’s top two teams are going toe-to-toe in the Superdome. If the Carolina Panthers hadn’t lost their last two, this would’ve actually had huge playoff implications. Alas, after barely losing to the Packers and then getting blown out by the Falcons, the Panthers are nearly out of the playoff hunt. Although we shouldn’t look down on Carolina for putting up a dud against Atlanta. New Orleans did the same the week prior. Maybe the Falcons are just good now? Doubtful.
At any rate, the Saints were able to bounce back with a dominant performance from Drew Brees (DFS salary $6,600) and Michael Thomas ($9,300), who combined for half of Brees’ 228 passing yards and one of his touchdowns against the Bucs. Alvin Kamara ($8,200) returned to full strength with a solid performance against one of the league’s best run defenses. Now, he’ll have the opportunity to shred one of the league’s worst. The Saints are poised to offensively dominate against a team that’s allowed an average of 33.5 points over its last four games.
Kyle Allen’s ($5,200) last four starts have been the inverse of his first four. First four: 65.5% completion rate, seven passing touchdowns, zero interceptions and four wins. Last four: 58.6% completion rate, three TDs, nine INTs and one win. This Saints defense hasn’t been remarkably impressive, but of its eight interceptions, four came in its last game. So I’d say their defense will be feeling pretty confident. Will that confidence be enough to keep Christian McCaffrey ($10,500) out of the endzone? Only Tampa Bay and Atlanta have been able to accomplish that feat this season, so maybe it’s an NFC South thing.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Panthers at Saints
Point Spread: Panthers +9.5
Total Points: 46
Money Line: Panthers +340; Saints -420
Overall: Panthers 5-5; Saints 8-2
ATS: Panthers 5-5; Saints 7-3
O/U: Panthers 6-4; Saints 5-5
- Ross Cockrell (CB) - Questionable
- Dennis Daley (T) - Questionable
- Greg Little (T) - Questionable
- Andrus Peat (T) - OUT
- Deonte Harris (WR) - OUT
- Zach Line (FB) - OUT
- Marshon Lattimore (CB) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Greg Olsen over 3.5 receptions: +100
- Christian McCaffrey over 120.5 total yards: -130
- Alvin Kamara over 67.5 rushing yards: -112
- Drew Brees over 26.5 completions: +100
- The Saints have won seven of their last eight games.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in nine of the last 10 games between the Panthers and Saints.
- Each of the last eight day games between the Panthers and Saints at Mercedes-Benz Superdome have gone OVER the total points line.
- Christian McCaffrey has scored at least one touchdown in eight of the Panthers’ last nine Sunday games.
- Alvin Kamara has scored at least one touchdown in each of his four previous appearances against the Panthers.
- Michael Thomas has scored at least one touchdown in seven of the Saints’ last nine regular season day games at Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.