Mitchell Trubisky (hip) appears on track to start for the Bears in Week 12, but his health isn’t the only reason his starter status was in question. Trubisky has been awful this season, with only rare exceptions. He’s averaging just one touchdown pass per game, and he’s thrown for 190 yards or less in half the games he’s completed. That said, it’s not as though the offense ran any better with career backup Chase Daniel at the helm in Weeks 4 and 5.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Trubisky hasn’t been the only reason that Chicago, a preseason top-five Super Bowl favorite, is 4-6 with no realistic path to the postseason. Trubisky and coach Matt Nagy probably share some blame for failing to incorporate two of their most effective play types from 2018 – run plays for Trubisky, and pass plays for Tarik Cohen. Additionally, after dominating the field in 2018, the defense has taken a marked step back – they’re still good, but they’ve returned to the peloton.
On both sides of the ball, the Bears will try to take advantage of a favorable matchup. The Giants’ defense has struggled, especially against the pass, all season. Their offense has had some exciting moments, especially earlier in the season, but they’ve been bad much more frequently. That said, Sterling Shepard appears on track to return after a five-game absence, in what would be just the second game of the season that the Giants had both him and Golden Tate. The Giants are coming off of a bye, so that should help to compensate for the talent gap between these two teams.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Giants at Bears
Point Spread: Giants +6
Total Points: 40
Money Line: Bears -245; Giants +210
Overall: Giants 2-8; Bears 4-6
ATS: Giants 3-7; Bears 3-7
O/U: Giants 6-4; Bears 3-7
- Giants’ TE Evan Engram (foot) is out.
- Giants’ TE Rhett Ellison (concussion) is out.
- Giants’ WR Sterling Shepard (concussion) will play. He practiced in full all week.
- Bears’ QB Mitchell Trubisky (hip) is available and practiced in full all week. He is expected to start.
- Bears’ TE Adam Shaheen (foot) is out.
Notable Prop Bets
Sterling Shepard to score and Giants to win +1100; Daniel Jones to throw more passing yards than Mitchell Trubisky -124
Tarik Cohen to catch over 30.5 receiving yards -106; Mitchell Trubisky to throw under 0.5 interceptions +122
- The Bears have lost each of their last three games as home favorites against NFC East opponents.
- The Giants have covered the spread in seven of their last eight road games against NFC opponents.
- Each of the Giants’ last seven road games have gone over the total points line.
- Tarik Cohen has scored a touchdown in seven of the Bears’ last nine regular season day games at Soldier Field.
- Saquon Barkley has scored at least one touchdown in five of the Giants’ last seven Sunday games as road underdogs.
- Darius Slayton has scored two touchdowns in each of the Giants’ last two road games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.