Buckle in, because this could be a bumpy ride. The Bengals are 0-10, and not much more needs to be said about that. The Steelers are 5-5 and firmly in the playoff hunt, but most of their wins have been kitten-soft. They beat the Bengals, the Dolphins, and the Colts without Jacoby Brissett and T.Y. Hilton. Their two best wins were 1-score victories over the Chargers and the Rams, and both were more “L.A. losses” than “Steelers wins”. The Chargers gave up three turnovers including a fumble-six, and the Rams committed four turnovers and 95 yards of penalties and scored just 12 points.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
The Steelers weren’t all that good before Week 11, during which they suffered a costly loss to the Browns. Center Maurkice Pouncey got suspended for his role in the Myles Garrett fight, and Juju Smith-Schuster (concussion), James Conner (shoulder) and Diontae Johnson (concussion) all suffered injuries that are likely to keep them our in Week 12. The Steelers are still heavy favorites, and deservedly so, but they’re rolling with the B-team Sunday.
The Bengals offense is one of the worst in the league, and they, too, are dealing with some key injuries heading into Sunday. They could be without as many as three of their top-four WRs, and the Steelers’ pass defense has been Pittsburgh’s biggest strength since their mid-season acquisition of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Cincinnati is likely to focus on their run game, which they have emphasized in recent weeks. Going the other direction, the Bengals’ defense is among the worst in the league against both the pass and the rush, but with the injuries to key pass-catchers, the Steelers will probably try to emphasize their run game.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Steelers at Bengals
Point Spread: Bengals +6.5
Total Points: 38
Money Line: Bengals +255; Steelers -305
Overall: Steelers 5-5; Bengals 0-10
ATS: Steelers 6-4; Bengals 4-6
O/U: Steelers 3-7; Bengals 3-7
- Steelers’ WR Juju Smith-Schuster (concussion/knee) is out.
- Steelers’ RB James Conner (shoulder) is out.
- Steelers’ WR Diontae Johnson (concussion) will play. He practiced in full all week, despite suffering a concussion in their Week 11 Thursday game.
- Steelers’ RB Benny Snell (knee) will play. He practiced in full all week.
- Steelers’ TE Nick Vannett (illness) will play. He missed Wednesday’s practice, but participated in full the rest of the week.
- Bengals’ WR A.J. Green (ankle) is out.
- Bengals’ WR Auden Tate (concussion) is questionable. He missed Wednesday and Thursday’s practices, and was limited Friday.
Notable Prop Bets
Jaylen Samuels to score and Steelers to win +110; Jaylen Samuels over 37.5 receiving yards -112; Steelers to score first and win +100
Joe Mixon over 65.5 rushing yards -112; Bengals to score under 1.5 touchdowns -105
- The Bengals have lost each of their last 12 games.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in each of their last five day games against the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium
- Each of the Steelers’ last eight road games against AFC opponents have gone under the total points line.
- Tyler Boyd has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Bengals’ last four home games against AFC North opponents.
- Vance McDonald has scored a touchdown in four of his last five November appearances with the Steelers as favorites.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.