This one’s for the birds! I am not exactly sure what that phrase means and my first google search I didn’t yield any good explanations, but Seahawks and Eagles are both birds, so I am rolling with that as my opener. These teams have more in common than their mascots. Both are in second place in their divisions and a game out of the lead. Between these two teams, the Seahawks are setup a bit better since they are almost certainly a Wild Card team if they don’t win the division although they would certainly benefit from a strong finish to get a first round bye.
Russell Wilson will probably tell the media he only cares about team success, but personal accolades are also on the line. At +180, he’s neck and neck with Lamar Jackson (+150) to win MVP. On Wilson’s arm, the Seahawks have the number ranked passing offense by DVOA. This sets up a favorable matchup against the Eagles who have struggled to defend the pass lately. In particular, covering number one receivers has been an issue for Philly. Look for the Wilson to Lockett connection to get going in this one. A road win for Seattle likely means a big stat line for Lockett.
For the Eagles, this is close to a must win game. At 5-5, they are in danger of falling out of the playoff race. Carson Wentx has been an MVP candidate in previous seasons and the Eagles are going to need him to play at that level to come away with a win. The problem is that Wentz doesn’t come into this game in great form. He’s gone four consecutive games without multiple touchdown passes and he’s been under 240 passing yards in all of those games. Considering how well the Seahawks are playing, it’s a bit surprising to see the Eagles favored.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Seahawks at Eagles
Point Spread: Seahawks +1
Total Points: 47.5
Money Line: Seahawks +100; Eagles -114
Overall 2019: Seahawks 8-2; Eagles 5-5
ATS 2019: Seahawks 5-5; Eagles 4-6
O/U 2019: Seahawks 6-4; Eagles 5-5
- Jadeveon Clowney (DE) - Questionable
- Luke Wilson (TE) - Doubtful
- Neiko Thorpe (CB) - Questionable
- Nelson Agholor (WR) - Questionable
- Lane Johnson (T) - Out
- Rudy Ford (S) - Out
- Jordan Howard (RB) - Questionable
- Alshon Jeffery (WR) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Russell Wilson over 267.5 passing yards: -112
- Chris Carson over 2.5 receptions: +112
- Carson Wentz over 252.5 passing yards: +105
- Jordan Howard to score first touchdown: +650
- The Seahawks have won seven of their last eight games after a bye.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five home games following a loss.
- The home team has won the first quarter in eight of the Eagles’ last nine home games.
- Tyler Lockett has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Seahawks’ last five games following a road win.
- Zach Ertz has scored a touchdown in each of the Eagles’ last four home games against NFC West opponents.
- Each of the Seahawks’ last two games have gone to overtime.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.