UPDATE: Jeff Driskel is expected to sit out, according to Ian Rapoport.
Thanksgiving Day is filled with football, and food I suppose. But we talk about football here. We start off the holiday with what will likely be the lowest-scoring game of the day, and maybe even the week. With the lowest point total in Week 13 at 37, the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions are in for yet another offense-lacking battle. Both teams are out of the playoffs (essentially), so this game is strictly for bragging rights. The Bears have won the last three head-to-heads, so the Lions will be looking for anything to brag about.
There aren’t many paths for this game to go over 37 points. Matthew Stafford remains sidelined and Jeff Driskel (DFS salary $5,500) is dealing with a hamstring issue. On the other side, Mitch Trubisky ($5,300) just isn’t very attack-minded, not even breaking into the top 25 for touchdowns thrown this season. With one of his favorite targets, Taylor Gabriel ($4,300), likely to sit out, Trubisky could be even more conservative this week, if that’s possible.
The Lions have been impressive in one regard this season. They are the third team all-time to hold a lead in each of its first 11 games, yet win three or fewer. We’ll see if they continue that streak this week, or if the Bears defense completely shuts Detroit down. In any case, David Montgomery ($5,400) and Tarik Cohen ($5,000) are in line to get a good amount of work in a low-total game where the Bears are favored. I could see this one being decided by a field goal to start the Thanksgiving Day sweat off right. I’ll take the Lions to cover if Driskel plays.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bears at Lions
Point Spread: Lions +4.5
Total Points: 37
Money Line: Bears -205; Lions +180
Overall: Bears 5-6; Lions 3-7-1
ATS: Bears 3-8; Lions 4-7
O/U: Bears 3-8; Lions 7-4
- Taylor Gabriel (WR) - OUT
- Adam Shaheen (TE) - OUT
- Ben Braunecker (TE) - OUT
- Bobby Massie (OL) - OUT
- Sherrick McManis (DB) - OUT
- Danny Trevathan (LB) - OUT
- Matthew Stafford (QB) - OUT
- Marvin Hall (WR) - OUT
- Jamal Agnew (CB) - OUT
- Rashaan Melvin (CB) - OUT
- Jeff Driskel (QB) - Questionable
- T.J. Hockenson (TE) - Questionable
- Da’Shawn Hand (DL) - Questionable
- Damon Harrison Sr. (DT) - Questionable
- Trey Flowers (DE) - Questionable
- Tracy Walker (DB) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- David Montgomery over 52.5 rushing yards: -112
- Tarik Cohen to score a TD: +165
Lions Prop Bets are limited due to the uncertainty of Jeff Driskel.
- The Lions have lost seven of their last eight games.
- The Lions have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games.
- Each of the Bears’ last six games against NFC North opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Lions have won the first quarter in each of their last five games against NFC North opponents.
- Tarik Cohen has scored a touchdown in each of the Bears’ last six day games against NFC North opponents.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Lions’ last four games as underdogs.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.