It feels like ages ago thinking back to when the Falcons beat the Eagles in Week 2. Nearly two months later, Atlanta has developed into one of the worst teams in the league. Since we’re on the topic of Week 2 memories, New Orleans fans were on the opposite end of the emotional spectrum when their team fell to the Rams and lost Drew Brees (DFS salary $6,700) to a thumb injury in the process. Since then, the Saints have emerged as one of the best teams in the league via a six-game winning streak, with Brees coming back in full force. Needless to say, this week’s NFC South matchup is a tale of polar opposites.
Not only is Brees healthy and clearly at full strength (throwing for 373 yards and three touchdowns in Week 8 vs. the Cardinals), but the Saints’ star running back Alvin Kamara ($8,200) will return from his own injury this week, as well. Though Kamara’s touchdown stats have shrunk from past seasons, his receiving and rushing averages have been on par with, if not better than, what they were with Mark Ingram alongside. It will be interesting to see how the Saints utilize him and Latavius Murray ($7,300), after the latter took advantage of the former’s absence, showcasing his effectiveness. Regardless, the Saints may just have ANOTHER weapon to run up the score on the Falcons.
Though there will be virtually nothing the Falcons defense (allowing 31.3 points per game) can do to stop the Saints, at least we know Matt Ryan ($6,100) will be passing, assuming he’s healthy. Playing from behind every week has its perks, as the Falcons rank first overall in passing yards per game. That won’t mean much to Atlanta fans, but for bettors, it’s a good sign for the over, which is set at 51 points (second-highest of the week). While the spread (Falcons +14) is bigger than any other game this week, it may not be big enough. Give me the Saints to cover at home against this shell of a Super Bowl contender.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Falcons at Saints
Point Spread: Falcons +14
Total Points: 51
Money Line: Falcons +550; Saints -715
Overall: Falcons 1-7; Saints 7-1
ATS: Falcons 2-6; Saints 6-2
O/U: Falcons 3-5; Saints 4-4
- RB Ito Smith (Neck) - OUT
- DE John Cominsky (Ankle) - OUT
- G Wes Schweitzer (Head) - OUT
- CB Desmond Trufant (Toe) - Questionable
- CB Patrick Robinson (Hamstring) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Austin Hooper over 59.5 receiving yards: +105
- Matt Ryan over 305.5 passing yards: +105
- Jared Cook over 3.5 receptions: +100
- Latavius Murray to score a TD and team to win: +150
- The Saints have won 19 of their last 22 home games.
- The Falcons have covered the spread in 21 of their last 29 games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Five of the last six games between the Falcons and Saints at Mercedes-Benz Superdome have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Saints have lost the first quarter in seven of their last eight games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- Julio Jones has scored the last touchdown in two of the Falcons’ last three games as road underdogs.
- Michael Thomas has scored at least one touchdown in six of the Saints’ last seven regular season Sunday games as home favorites.
- Latavius Murray has scored two touchdowns in each of the Saints’ last two games.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.