The way the NFC is shaping up this season, this Panthers-Packers matchup could have major playoff implications. The Packers maintain a narrow lead the loaded NFC North. The Panthers are two games back of the Saints in their division, but only a half-game back of the Wild Card. There are seven NFC teams fighting for four postseason births, all within two games of one another.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
The Panthers’ Christian McCaffrey leads NFL in touches and yards from scrimmage per game. He’s been a one-man wrecking crew, dismantling many of the best run defenses in the league, including the Texans, Rams and Titans. The Packers’ run defense, on the other hand, is one of the league’s worst. According to DVOA, the Packers will be the easiest run defense he’s faced this season – and he already has six games with more than 150 total yards.
When the Packers have the ball, a key factor is likely to be how Aaron Rodgers handles Davante Adams. When Adams was out with a toe injury, Rodgers’ passer rating improved dramatically. With Adams back in Week 9, it dropped right back down. Part of the problem seems to be an over-dependence on Adams when he is available. Assuming Adams is available for Week 10, will his presence enhance or harm the Packers’ passing game?
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Panthers at Packers
Point Spread: Panthers +5
Total Points: 47
Money Line: Packers -240; Panthers +205
Overall: Panthers 5-3; Packers 7-2
ATS: Panthers 5-3; Packers 6-3
O/U: Panthers 6-2; Packers 5-4
- Panthers’ RB Christian McCaffrey will play. He missed Wednesday’s practice and was limited Thursday and Friday.
- Panthers’ WR Curtis Samuel will play. He missed Wednesday’s practice but participated in full the rest of the week.
- Panthers’ CB James Bradberry (groin) is questionable. He missed Wednesday and Thursday’s practice and was limited Friday.
- Packers’ WR Davante Adams (toe)
- Packers’ WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (ankle)
- Packers’ Jimmy Graham will play. He missed Wednesday’s practice and was limited on ______ but not due to injury.
Notable Prop Bets
First scoring play is a Panthers touchdown +255; Panthers to score first and win +340
Packers first to score 20 points -167; Total touchdowns (both teams combined) over 5.5 +120
- The Packers have lost seven of their last eight November games as favorites.
- The Panthers have covered the spread in five of their last six games.
- Each of the last seven games between the Panthers and Packers have gone over the total points line.
- Christian McCaffrey has scored the first touchdown in four of the Panthers’ last five games.
- Jamaal Williams has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Packers’ last four games.
- Aaron Jones has scored at least one touchdown in each of his previous nine appearances in day games at Lambeau Field.
- Curtis Samuel has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Panthers’ last five games in November.
- Christian McCaffrey has scored two or more touchdowns in four of the Panthers’ last five games in November.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.