The Rams defense has been elite lately, holding opponents to an average of 16 points in its last eight games. That is also accounting for the 45 points scored by Baltimore three weeks ago, which makes the 16 PPG even more impressive. And while the offense had been struggling, Jared Goff ($6,100) has seemingly turned the corner in his season. He’ll lead Los Angeles to Dallas this week to try to keep the playoff hopes alive by catching up to the Vikings in the Wild Card race.
Speaking of playoff hopes, the Cowboys just don’t want to hold on to theirs. After solidifying its claim to the top spot in the NFC East at the beginning of November, the Boys went on to lose four of their next five games. With the Eagles in control of their own fate, Dak Prescott ($6,300) and the offense will need to return to their early season explosive ways to stand a chance. Dak’s dealing with a sprained left hand, which he suffered in Sunday’s loss to Chicago, so we’ll closely monitor that news as the week progresses.
It’s funny to think that a 6-7 team currently has a better chance of making the playoffs than an 8-5 team, but when a division is as bad as the NFC East is, that’s the situation we find ourselves in. This would certainly be a great game to twist the narrative back around for the Cowboys, but it’s going to be hard betting against the defending NFC Champions as they start to hit their stride. Fortunately, with it being a close spread, you’re basically picking who you think will get the win. For me, that will be Los Angeles.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Rams at Cowboys
Point Spread: Cowboys +1.5
Total Points: 49
Money Line: Rams -121; Cowboys +106
Overall: Rams 8-5; Cowboys 6-7
ATS: Rams 9-4; Cowboys 7-6
O/U: Rams 4-9; Cowboys 8-5
- Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 -130, Under 2.5 +100
- First to 20 Points -110
- Total Points - Over 23.5 -117, Under 23.5 -112
- Amari Cooper to Score +165
Notable Prop Bets
- Out: TE Gerald Everett (knee)
- Doubtful: T Rob Havenstein (knee)
- Out: LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck)
- Questionable: WR Ventell Bryant (knee), LB Sean Lee (pectoral, thigh)
- The Rams have won each of their last eight games following a Division win.
- The Rams have covered the spread in each of their last six road games against NFC opponents.
- Seven of the Rams’ last eight games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.