Two of the league’s worst teams face off in New York this weekend, something that also happened last weekend. The Dolphins remain at MetLife Stadium for the second week in a row as they take on the Giants on Sunday. Despite Jason Sanders’ seven field goals, the Jets outlasted the Dolphins with a game-winning field goal of their own. Meanwhile Eli Manning (DFS salary $5,200) filled in for the injured Daniel Jones and gave up a 14-point halftime lead to the Eagles, losing in overtime. With both teams suffering painful losses last week, hopefully that will spark some fight in them, but it’s hard to get excited about a game like this.
As of now, the Dolphins are underdogs and that’s where I’ll be attacking. While they haven’t been playing “well,” the Dolphins have won half of their last six games. And no, Ryan Fitzpatrick ($6,200) hasn’t been good, but he isn’t afraid to throw the ball. That’s exactly how to exploit this struggling Giants defense. Although the health statuses of DeVante Parker ($6,400) and Albert Wilson ($3,500) are up in the air as they move through concussion protocol, Fitzpatrick will use whatever weapons he has at his disposal.
If the Dolphins can put any pressure on the Giants, much like the Eagles finally did in the fourth quarter, Manning will have a hard time getting his offense moving. Miami’s defense is equal second in allowed rushing yards per game, so Saquon Barkley ($7,700) should see plenty of usage. Sadly, it seems like Saquon’s in a bit of a sophomore slump with only two 100+ rushing yard performances this season, and without a touchdown since October. We can mostly attribute that to injury issues and just being a part of a terrible team. And while this is a get-right game for him and the Giants, I don’t think it will result in a big win. I’ll take the Dolphins to cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Dolphins at Giants
Point Spread: Dolphins +3.5
Total Points: 46.5
Money Line: Dolphins +155; Giants -177
Overall: Dolphins 3-10; Giants 2-11
ATS: Dolphins 7-6; Giants 5-8
O/U: Dolphins 6-7; Giants 7-6
- Out: DT Gerald Willis (hip)
- Doubtful: RB Chandler Cox (shoulder)
- Questionable: WR DeVante Parker (concussion), WR Albert Wilson (concussion)
- Out: TE Rhett Ellison (concussion), TE Evan Engram (foot), QB Daniel Jones (ankle), G Kevin Zeitler (ankle, wrist)
Notable Prop Bets
- Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 +120, Under 2.5 -162
- Patrick Laird to Score +100
- Total Points - Over 23.5 -121, Under 23.5 -107
- First to 25 Points +133
- The Dolphins have lost each of their last eight road games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games at MetLife Stadium.
- Nine of the Dolphins’ last 11 road games against NFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.