The Vikings are part of a very tight NFC playoff race. They are just a game behind the Packers for the NFC North crown, and currently are in the lead for the second wild card spot. Despite the struggle they are facing to even make the playoffs, this is one of the best teams in the league, coming in fifth in the entire NFL in point differential. Minnesota is top 10 in both offensive and defensive DVOA according to Football Outsiders, and are also top 15 in each individual component of DVOA (passing and rushing). The Vikings also lead the league in adjusted net yards per pass attempt.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
It has not been nearly as successful a season for the Chargers as they would have hoped, though you could argue they have been incredibly unlucky. Their +38 point differential is 12th in the league, and better than four different teams with winning records. The next-closest point differential by a team with a losing record is the Colts (6-7, +1). The Chargers are 10th in offensive DVOA, and third in offensive yard per play. The issue has been their defense, which ranks 21st in DVOA, and has struggled for much of the year. That could be changing now that All-Pro safety Derwin James has returned. Los Angeles is allowing almost three full yards less per pass attempt, and over a yard less per carry since getting James back on the field.
Vikings at Chargers
Point Spread: Chargers +2.5
Total Points: 45.5
Money Line: Vikings -129; Chargers +114
Overall: Vikings 9-4; Chargers 5-8
ATS: Vikings 7-6; Chargers 4-7-2
O/U: Vikings 7-6; Chargers 5-8
- Out: S Jayron Kearse (toe), RB Alexander Mattison (ankle)
- Questionable: WR Olabisi Johnson (quadricep), CB Xavier Rhodes (ankle)
- Questionable: LB Uchenna Nwosu (ankle)
Notable Prop Bets
- Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 -106, Under 2.5 -125
- Dalvin Cook to Score -115
- Total Points - Over 22.5 -112, Under 22.5 -117
- First to Score -107
- The Chargers have won four of their last five games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games following a win.
- Each of the Chargers’ last six games against NFC North opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.