Jacksonville has seen their playoff hopes dissipate, losing five straight games. The rest of the season will instead serve as an audition for rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew, who has out-played overpriced veteran Nick Foles, and would like to assert himself as the starting quarterback heading into 2020. Jacksonville ranks 26th in Football Outsiders offensive DVOA, but have played better with Minshew on the field. Minshew is averaging 0.8 more yards per pass attempt, and both turned the ball over and been sacked less frequently. This offense should trend upwards down the stretch. Defensively, the Jags are all the way down at 29th in DVOA, including 31st against the run. That could be a problem against a Raider team that is third in rushing rate when the game is within a touchdown.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Oakland is also on a losing streak, but this one is a little shorter than Jacksonville’s (three games). The team is still somewhat potent on offense, ranking 11th in offensive DVOA, 10th in yards per play, and ninth in adjusted net yards per pass attempt. The issue is a defense that has been getting obliterated all year. The Raiders are 31st in defensive DVOA, allow the third most yards per play, and the highest adjusted net yards per pass attempt.
Jaguars at Raiders
Point Spread: Jaguars +6.6
Total Points: 45
Money Line: Jaguars +230; Raiders -275
Overall: Jaguars 4-9; Raiders 6-7
ATS: Jaguars 5-8; Raiders 6-7
O/U: Jaguars 7-5-1; Raiders 7-6
- Out: WR D.J. Chark (ankle)
- Out: WR Hunter Renfrow (rib)
- Questionable: WR Marcell Ateman (ribs), T Trenton Brown (pectoral), S Erik Harris (hamstring), RB Josh Jacobs (shoulder), LB Marquel Lee (toe), LB Kyle Wilber (ankle), CB Daryl Worley (neck)
Notable Prop Bets
- Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 +160, Under 2.5 -215
- First to 20 Points +200
- Total Points - Over 26.5 -112, Under 26.5 -115
- DeAndre Washington to Score +240
- The Jaguars have lost 10 of their last 11 road games in December.
- The Jaguars have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games.
- Four of the Raiders’ last five day games against AFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.