The Seahawks are coming off their worst loss of the season against the Rams in Week 14 by a score of 28-12. It was the lowest amount of points scored by the Seahawks this season. The Panthers are also coming off a loss by a score of 40-20 against the Falcons.
Even after such a bad loss to the Rams, the Seahawks are favored once again, sporting a 4-5 record against the spread as favorites. After looking like an MVP candidate in the beginning of the season, Russell Wilson has fallen way behind in that race (+600). Since the Seahawks’ bye in Week 11, Wilson has averaged 228 passing yards and a 60% completion rate with three touchdowns and three interceptions thrown in three games. This could, rather, be a game for Chris Carson, who draws one of the worst run defenses in the league. The Panthers have allowed four of the last five teams they’ve played to rush for at least 118 yards and 10 touchdowns. With Rashaad Penny out of the mix due to an ACL injury, Carson should handle the majority of the touches in this game.
The Panthers are only 3-4 ATS as underdogs this season, a situation they face for a second week in a row. Kyle Allen’s struggles with turning over the ball has put his job at quarterback in jeopardy but the Panthers have committed to sticking with him. The Seahawks allow an average of 282 passing yards to opposing quarterbacks with 17 total touchdowns thrown. Where the Seahawks have really been exploited is on the ground against opposing running backs, allowing an average of 49 receiving yards per game. With the Panthers seemingly playing from behind, it potentially sets up a great spot for Christian McCaffrey, who is averaging 8.2 targets per game.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Seahawks at Panthers
Point Spread: Panthers +6
Total Points: 48
Money Line: Panthers +210; Seahawks -245
Overall: Seahawks 10-3; Panthers 5-8
ATS: Seahawks 7-6; Panthers 6-7
O/U: Seahawks 7-6; Panthers 9-4
- Out: LB Mychal Kendricks (hamstring), RB Rashaad Penny (knee), DE Jadeveon Clowney (illness, core)
- Questionable: DE Ezekiel Ansah (neck), CB Shaquill Griffin (hamstring), TE Luke Willson (hamstring)
- Out: LB Marquis Haynes (knee), T Greg Little (ankle), TE Greg Olsen (concussion)
- Doubtful: T Garrett McGhin (ankle)
- Questionable: LB Mario Addison (chest)
Notable Prop Bets
- Total TD’s over 2.5 -170
- Over 26.5 points -122
- Seahawks moneyline and over parlay +165
- Over 20.5 points -113
- The Seahawks have won each of their last 18 games as favorites following a loss.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five home games against NFC opponents.
- Each of the last five games between the Seahawks and Panthers have gone OVER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.