We don’t know what happened, how it happened or who caused this to happen and quite frankly we don’t care. Mitch Trubisky was unlocked in Week 14 against the Cowboys in a shocking win for the Bears, completing 74% of his 31 pass attempts for 244 yards and three touchdowns. He also remembered he’s a good mobile quarterback and rushed 10 times for 63 yards and a touchdown. The Packers have been a good defense through the air but the recent play of Trubisky is intriguing, especially when you have someone with the talent of Allen Robinson on his side. Where the Bears will find some consistent success will be on the ground, an area the Packers have been gashed. The Packers are allowing an average of 112 rushing yards and and 40 receiving yards. David Montgomery has certainly been inconsistent and while he hasn’t had a rushing touchdown since Week 9, he is averaging 52 yards per game, a number that could certainly climb after this game.
The Packers were barely able to beat the Bears in Week 1, winning by a score of 10-3. Rodgers had just 203 passing yards on a 60% completion rate and one touchdown. Rodgers has been a tough one to figure out lately and hasn’t thrown for more than 243 yards in five straight games. The Bears have been tough against opposing quarterbacks, allowing an average of 247 passing yards per game. We’d still expect Davante Adams to post up some numbers, as the Bears secondary has allowed over 200 receiving yards in two straight games. Injuries to their secondary haven’t helped but the 19.3 YPR allowed over the past two weeks is almost inexcusable. If the Packers go up in this game, Aaron Jones will be looking at a fairly neutral matchup on the ground, as the Bears run defense has been a total hit-or-miss on a week-to-week basis. For what it’s worth, Jones only went for 39 yards on 13 carries in their Week 1 matchup.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook
Overall 2019: Bears 7-6; Packers 10-3
ATS 2019: Bears 4-9; Packers 8-5
O/U 2019: Bears 5-8; Packers 6-7
- Out: TE Ben Braunecker (concussion), WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion), T Bobby Massie (ankle), LB Danny Trevathan (elbow)
- Questionable: DT Roy Robertson-Harris (foot), WR Javon Wims (knee)
- Questionable: TE Jimmy Graham (wrist, groin), CB Kevin King (shoulder)
Notable prop bets
- Total Touchdowns - Over 1.5 -150, Under 1.5 +112
- Allen Robinson to Score +190
- Total Points - Over 22.5 -121, Under 22.5 -108
- First to Score -157
- The Packers have won each of their last five home games against teams that have a winning record
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven Sunday games.
- Each of the Packers’ last eight games as favorites following a home win have gone OVER the total points line.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.