Last week’s Monday Night Football game was long over before the clock hit double zero. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens embarrassed Jared Goff and the Rams in Los Angeles 45-6. Neutral fans will be hoping for a more competitive matchup in Week 13. The Vikings visit the Seahawks for a battle between the two NFC Wild Card teams, though neither one is far off the top of its division. With one of the closest spreads (Vikings +3) and highest point totals (50) of the week, we should be in for quite a show.
Both teams’ offensive strength lies in the run, ranking in the top six for rushing yards per game. Dalvin Cook and Chris Carson stand among the top eight running backs with the most rushing yards this season. Yet when they meet on Monday, they’ll face two rush defenses that rank in the top ten in yards per game. To simplify, the passing game is theoretically the path to success for each side in this one. Fortunately, Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson have the highest passer ratings of all quarterbacks this season.
Vikings fans will be relieved to hear that Adam Thielen is expected to return after missing two games. Through his seven outings prior to suffering an injury in Kansas City, Thielen recorded six receiving touchdowns. Having his two best receivers on the field will be a huge help for Cousins. Meanwhile, Tyler Lockett will be ready to roll after a shin injury scare.
The more you look at this matchup, the more you see the similarities between the two teams this season. It’s obviously a home game for Seattle, so that’s one advantage. In its four outdoor games, Minnesota has only won once. That should be viewed as another advantage for the Seahawks. I’m going with Russell Wilson to cover at home here.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Vikings at Seahawks
Point Spread: Vikings +3
Total Points: 50
Money Line: Vikings +128; Seahawks -148
Overall: Vikings 8-3; Seahawks 9-2
ATS: Vikings 6-5; Seahawks 6-5
O/U: Vikings 6-5; Seahawks 6-5
- Ben Gedeon (LB) - OUT
- Linval Joseph (DT) - Questionable
- Harrison Smith (S) - Questionable
- Adam Thielen (WR) - Questionable
- Anthony Harris (S) - Questionable
- Shamar Stephen (DT) - Questionable
- Nick Bellore (FB) - Doubtful
- Neiko Thorpe (CB) - Doubtful
- Luke Willson (TE) - Questionable
- Al Woods (DT) - Questionable
- Jadeveon Clowney (DE) - Questionable
- Jarran Reed (DT) - Questionable
Notable Prop Bets
- Kirk Cousins over 18.5 DKFP: +100
- Tyler Lockett over 16.5 DKFP: -112
- The Seahawks have won each of their last six games against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven games as underdogs.
- Six of the Vikings’ last seven Monday night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Tyler Lockett has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Seahawks’ last six home games.
- Dalvin Cook has scored at least one touchdown in five of the Vikings’ last six games.
- Chris Carson has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Seahawks’ last five regular season night games.
- Kyle Rudolph has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Vikings’ last three games.
- Two of the Seahawks’ last three games have gone to overtime.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/PA/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.