After three weeks of being a starting a quarterback in the NFL, Drew Lock (DFS salary $5,600) is no longer undefeated. Last week in a snowy battle against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Denver Broncos were held to just three points for the second time in a month. But they’ll be in a position to recover as they host the depleted Detroit Lions on Sunday. The last place NFC North team hasn’t won a game since October, yet the franchise is keeping the coaching staff (or at least Matt Patricia) in place for next season. A win against another non-playoff team would be a positive sign for the Detroit ownership.
Each team will have their rookie quarterbacks starting in their fourth career games. We’ve already touched on Lock, and there’s really no need to go into depth on David Blough ($4,900). He has thrown for over 200 yards in each appearance, but he’ll be matched up against one of the better pass defenses in the league this week, so don’t expect much. Lock should be able to win this matchup as the Lions defense is the second-most generous to passers. With wide receiver Courtland Sutton ($6,200) attracting a season-high ten targets last week, he’ll be a popular candidate to shred Detroit’s D.
All in all, this will likely be a rather uneventful game. Week 16 has much more to offer than a potentially low-scoring battle between two of the league’s worst teams. With that said, if you’re going to bet on this game, I would roll with the Broncos to cover and the under.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Lions at Broncos
Point Spread: Lions +6.5
Total Points: 38.5
Money Line: Lions +255; Broncos -295
Overall: Lions 3-10-1; Broncos 5-9
ATS: Lions 5-9; Broncos 8-6
O/U: Lions 9-5; Broncos 6-8
OUT: LB Christian Jones (shoulder), DT A’Shawn Robinson (shoulder), T Rick Wagner (knee)
QUESTIONABLE: LB Devon Kennard (hamstring), RB Bo Scarbrough (ribs)
OUT: DE Adam Gotsis (knee), T Ja’Wuan James (knee), G Ronald Leary (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: TE Noah Fant (shoulder, illness), DE Dre’Mont Jones (ankle), DT Kyle Peko (illness), G Dalton Risner (illness), DE DeMarcus Walker (ankle)
- The Lions have lost each of their last seven games.
- The Lions have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight Sunday games.
- Seven of the Broncos’ last eight games as favorites have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Courtland Sutton has scored the first touchdown in each of the Broncos’ last two games at Empower Field at Mile High.
- Kenny Golladay has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Lions’ last five games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- Phillip Lindsay has scored a touchdown in each of the Broncos’ last three games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Broncos have won the first quarter in each of their last five Sunday games at Empower Field at Mile High.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.