The Raiders wrapped up their time in Oakland by letting the Jaguars come in and spoil all of the fun in the final quarter. Sure, the postseason was still a long shot, but giving the Oakland fans one more win before moving the franchise to Las Vegas would’ve been extremely satisfying. Instead, those fans will have to take the short flight to Los Angeles this weekend if they hope to see one more Oakland Raiders victory. They will likely have to do so with Josh Jacobs sidelined. The team hopes to get him back for Week 17, but will sit him this weekend.
The Chargers will also be playing their last game in their home stadium this week, though they’ll only be moving about 10 miles away. Philip Rivers (DFS salary $5,700) and the Bolts will be looking forward to getting out of StubHub Center, as they’ve gone 2-5 this season at home. Fortunately, the Raiders are 1-5 on the road, so neither team will be feeling very confident ahead of this AFC West matchup.
When these two rivals met earlier in the season, the Raiders squeaked out a two-point victory mostly due to Rivers’ three interceptions. The veteran QB is coming off of another three-pick week against Vikings, but he’ll have confidence with his many weapons as the Raiders are allowing the sixth-most passing yards per game. In typical Philip Rivers fashion, I’m thinking this will come down to the wire, which means Oakland will cover.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Raiders at Chargers
Point Spread: Raiders +6.5
Total Points: 45
Money Line: Raiders +230; Chargers -275
Overall: Raiders 6-8; Chargers 5-9
ATS: Raiders 6-8; Chargers 4-8-2
O/U: Raiders 7-7; Chargers 6-8
Out: G Richie Incognito (ankle), RB Josh Jacobs (shoulder), LB Marquel Lee (toe)
Doubtful: T Russell Okung (groin)
Questionable: RB Justin Jackson (hamstring)
- The Chargers have lost four of their last five games as home favorites.
- The Raiders have covered the spread in 11 of their last 15 games as underdogs against the Chargers.
- Each of the Raiders’ last 12 road games against AFC West opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Melvin Gordon III has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Chargers’ last five games against the Raiders.
- Austin Ekeler has scored a touchdown in four of the Chargers’ last five games against AFC opponents.
- Tyrell Williams has scored a touchdown in three of his last five appearances in road games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.