It was a win-win situation for Cincinnati fans last week. One “win” because their team picked up its first actual win of the season. A second “win” because they still have the worst record in the league. Now, the Bengals make the short trip to Cleveland to play the Browns for their first meeting of the season. The Browns, on the other hand, severely hurt their playoff chances after falling to the Steelers last week. There’s still a shot for them to get in, but they’ll be reliant on other results.
Andy Dalton (DFS salary $5,200) reclaimed his starting role from Ryan Finley after being benched for the entirety of November. He spread the ball around nicely, getting three receivers over 50 yards, while throwing a single touchdown and no interceptions. He’ll likely remain the starter for the rest of the season, though he’ll face a much tougher pass defense in the Browns this week. Cleveland is allowing the sixth-fewest passing yards per game.
Baker Mayfield ($6,300) came back down to earth, mostly due to a hand injury suffered in the first half, after throwing three touchdowns in Week 12. His 14 interceptions are the third-most of any quarterback this season. Fortunately, the Bengals only have five picks (equal-second fewest), making this a great rebound spot for the young Cleveland QB. Cincinnati is allowing by far the most rushing yards per game this season, which bodes well for Nick Chubb ($8,000) who struggled vs. Pittsburgh once again. The Browns simply have too many offensive weapons for the Bengals to keep up. I’ll roll with Cleveland to cover at home.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Bengals at Browns
Point Spread: Bengals +8.5
Total Points: 40.5
Money Line: Bengals +290; Browns -375
Overall: Bengals 10-2; Browns 9-3
ATS: Bengals 6-5-1; Browns 8-3-1
O/U: Bengals 7-5; Browns 3-9
- OUT: WR A.J. Green, DE Sam Hubbard, TE Drew Sample, S Brandon Wilson
- OUT: CB Robert Jackson
- Doubtful: S Eric Murray (knee)
- Questionable: TE Demetrius Harris (shoulder), OT Chris Hubbard (knee), C JC Tretter (knee), DE Olivier Vernon (knee)
Notable Prop Bets
- Joe Mixon to score a TD: +135
- Total touchdowns (1.5): Over -162, Under +123
- Total touchdowns (2.5): Over -118, Under -113
- Nick Chubb to score a TD: -167
- The Bengals have lost each of their last nine games against AFC North opponents.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games against the Browns.
- Each of the Bengals’ last five games as underdogs following a win have gone OVER the total points line.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
*21+. NJ/IN only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.