Week 14 marks only the fourth time this season the Falcons have been favored (-3), a scenario they currently carry an 0-3 record in. Luckily for them, they look as if they’ll be getting back their full arsenal of weapons, including Julio Jones ($7,500) and Austin Hooper ($6,000). That’ll bode well against a Panthers secondary that’s been struggling as of late, allowing an average of 183 receiving yards and three touchdowns over the past three weeks. Included in those numbers are the 283 receiving yards the Falcons had in Week 11, which was highlighted by Calvin Ridley ($6,700) with 143. Devonta Freeman ($5,400) should also be in one of the best spots all season, after missing the Week 11 matchup. The Panthers have been gashed on the ground, allowing an average of 118 rushing yards and 18 rushing touchdowns, which is the most in the league. While it’s been hard to back a Falcons team that is 4-8 overall against the spread, the public is behind them thus far.
Let’s not forget, however, the weapons the Panthers boast. Christian McCaffrey ($10,300) went for 191 total yards against the Falcons in Week 11 despite losing 29-3. The Falcons have been solid on the ground but McCaffrey has essentially been matchup-proof unless of course, he’s facing the Buccaneers. D.J. Moore ($7,000) draws one of the best individual matchups against CB Isaiah Oliver, who has allowed the second-most yards after catch in the league at 292. As for Moore, he’s seventh in the league in YAC with 319. Curtis Samuel ($4,900), is also in a good spot against Desmond Trufant, who is allowing a 66.7% catch rate and 17.1 YPR. If you’re liking the value on the Panthers, they’re 3-3 ATS as underdogs and 3-2 as road dogs.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook
Panthers at Falcons
Point Spread: Falcons -3
Total Points: 47
Money Line: Panthers +143, Falcons -315
Overall 2019: Panthers 5-7; Falcons 3-9
ATS 2019: Panthers 6-6; Falcons 4-8
O/U 2019: Panthers 8-4; Falcons 4-8
- Out: T Greg Little (ankle), TE Greg Olsen (concussion)
- Questionable: LB Mario Addison (groin), T Garrett McGhin (ankle)
- Out: G James Carpenter (concussion), T Ty Sambrailo (hamstring)
- Questionable: P Matt Bosher (right groin), S Sharrod Neasman (shoulder)
Notable Prop Bets
Total touchdowns by Panthers over 2.5 +105
Total touchdowns by Falcons over 2.5 -134
Panthers spread and over +255
Panthers +1.5 1H -112
- The road team has won each of the Falcons’ last six games.
- The Falcons have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games as favorites.
- Each of the Falcons’ last four games following a loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Calvin Ridley has scored a touchdown in four of the Falcons’ last five day games against NFC South Opponents.
- Christian McCaffrey has scored at least one touchdown eight of the Panthers’ last 10 games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN)
21+. NJ/PA/IN Only. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for details.