The Chiefs had a convincing victory against the Jaguars, scoring 40 points and accumulating 491 yards of total offense. The problem is that their defense looks awful. They knocked Nick Foles out of the game early, and spent most of the contest trying to limit sixth-round rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew. The rookie cut them up, and the Jaguars had 428 yards of offense on their own, scoring 26 points. Kansas City will need to tighten up their defensive play quickly if they want to prove to be a contender.
Oakland has been through a lot over the past couple of months. They starred on Hard Knocks, which has been an exhausting process for many of the teams appearing on the show. More importantly, they dealt with a ton of drama surrounding Antonio Brown, who was released last Saturday. Still, the Raiders were able to put together an impressive victory over a division opponent in the Broncos.
The biggest news in this game is that Tyreek Hill will be out. He is a primary deep threat and spacer for the Kansas City offense. On the flip side of that, the Raiders will be down two defensive backs. Whoever can rally the best to make up for their injuries will be in the driver’s seat for this contest.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Chiefs at Raiders
Point Spread: Raiders +7
Total Points: 53.5
Money Line: Raiders +255; Chiefs -335
Overall 2018 (2019): Chiefs 13-5 (1-0); Raiders 4-12 (1-0)
ATS 2018 (2019): Chiefs 10-7-1 (1-0); Raiders 6-10 (1-0)
O/U 2018 (2019): Chiefs 11-7 (1-0); Raiders 7-9 (0-1)
Overall 2019: Chiefs 1-0; Raiders (1-0)
ATS 2019: Chiefs 1-0; Raiders 1-0
O/U 2019: Chiefs 1-0; Raiders
Notable Prop Bets
Total Points - Over 30.5: -103; Under: 30.5 -127
Chiefs to Score First and Win - Yes: +108; No: -137
Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5: -117, Under 2.5: -114
Total Yards of Shortest Touchdown - Over 1.5: +135, Under 1.5: -182
- The Chiefs have won each of their last 18 day games against AFC West opponents.
- The Raiders have failed to cover the spread in each of their last nine games following a win.
- Ten of the Chiefs’ last 11 road games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Damien Williams has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Chiefs’ last seven games.
- Travis Kelce has scored at least one touchdown in five of the Chiefs’ last six games as road favorites against AFC opponents.
- Demarcus Robinson has scored a touchdown in three of the Chiefs’ last four regular season games.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.