NFL Week 2: 49ers vs. Bengals Odds, Lines, Spread, Prop Bets
The 49ers two-game road trip ends with a matchup against a rebuilding Bengals team. If asked last week which Ohio franchise would’ve had the better performance in Week 1, almost all of us would’ve sided with Cleveland. But the Browns were blown out by the Titans, and the Bengals nearly pulled off the upset in Seattle. Zac Taylor makes his head-coaching debut in Cincinnati in search of his first win.
San Francisco is 11-4 against Cincinnati, and it’s a good spot to increase that count to 12 wins. Jimmy Garoppolo (DFS salary $6,000) had a slow start in his first game back from a knee injury last season, but a Tevin Coleman ankle injury will force the young QB to find his rhythm again. On the flip side, Andy Dalton ($5,400) recorded a career-high in passing yards last week. Similar to the 49ers, the Bengals’ top RB option, Joe Mixon ($6,500), suffered an ankle injury, leaving him questionable for Sunday. These injuries could open up the door for San Francisco’s Matt Breida ($5,200) and Cincinnati’s Giovani Bernard ($5,300). Regardless of who’s playing on offense, don’t expect a high-scoring game. Both defenses came out strong last week, finishing in the top eight for fewest yards allowed. San Francisco racked up four takeaways on Tampa Bay, two of which resulted in defensive touchdowns.
I’m taking the under at 46 points. And since I’m not convinced of Cincinnati’s apparent turnaround, I believe the 49ers will be heading back to California with two wins under their belt. Jimmy G will find George Kittle ($6,800 and second-most expensive TE) for the pair’s second scoring connection (first since 2017.)
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
49ers at Bengals
Point Spread: 49ers +1
Total Points: 46
Money Line: 49ers +100; Bengals -114
Overall 2018 (2019): 49ers 4-12 (1-0); Bengals 6-10 (0-1)
ATS 2018 (2019): 49ers 5-11 (1-0); Bengals 9-7 (1-0)
O/U 2018 (2019): 49ers 9-7 (0-1); Bengals 10-6 (0-1)
Notable Prop Bets
- George Kittle over 79.5 receiving yards: -115
- Jimmy Garoppolo over 1.5 TD passes: -118
- Joe Mixon under 57.5 rushing yards: -114
- Andy Dalton over 0.5 interceptions: -134
- The 49ers have won four of their last six games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The road team has covered the spread in nine of the Bengals’ last 10 games.
- Six of the Bengals’ last eight September games at Paul Brown Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Giovani Bernard has scored the first touchdown in each of the Bengals’ last two September home games against NFC opponents.
- George Kittle has scored a touchdown in each of the 49ers’ last three games against AFC opponents.
- Richie James Jr. has scored a touchdown in each of the 49ers’ last two games.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.