Up until the second quarter of Week 2, it was starting to look like the Oakland Raiders had been massively underestimated to begin the season. But the inevitable quickly occurred, and Patrick Mahomes threw for four unanswered touchdowns to bring the Raiders back down to 1-1. On the NFC side, the Minnesota Vikings were also aiming for their second win of the season. In the end, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers endured, defeating the Vikings 21-16. Now Oakland leaves home for the first time this season to take on Minnesota, where both groups will be itching to get back above .500. Or they could share the love and just agree to tie?
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
These two teams have met 15 times in their long histories; the Raiders have won ten of those meetings. Since the turn of the millennium, they’ve alternated victories with the most recent going to the Vikings. That pattern is likely to change this week, as Minnesota stands as 8-point favorites. Ignoring the Jets/Patriots and Dolphins/Cowboys games, this is the biggest point spread of the week. This immediately draws our attention toward the favored running back. Dalvin Cook (DFS salary $7,800) is coming off a 31.30 DKFP performance, which led all RBs in Week 2. The Raiders are only allowing 63 rushing yards per game (fifth-lowest in the league,) but that’s against the Broncos and Chiefs, which is also why they’ve given up the most passing yards per game in the league. This is a prime spot for the Vikings’ offense to find its groove early in the season.
Between the two, all four competitions they’ve appeared in this season have gone under the point total. This is the week that changes. The Vikings will spread the ball, giving touchdowns to Adam Thielen ($6,700) and Dalvin Cook, ultimately resulting in a comfortable late-game lead. Though Derek Carr ($4,900) and the Raiders will continue to push on, covering the spread with a fourth quarter TD pass to Darren Waller ($4,100.)
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Raiders at Vikings
Point Spread: Raiders +8
Total Points: 43.5
Money Line: Raiders +310; Vikings -375
Overall 2018 (2019): Raiders 4-12 (1-1); Vikings 8-7-1 (1-1)
ATS 2018 (2019): Raiders 6-10 (1-1); Vikings 8-7-1 (1-1)
O/U 2018 (2019): Raiders 7-9 (0-2); Vikings 6-10 (0-2)
Notable Prop Bets
- Darren Waller to score last TD of the game: +1600
- Derek Carr to throw over 1.5 TD passes: +155
- Adam Thielen to score a TD and team to win: +165
- Dalvin Cook to score 2+ TDs: +200
- The Raiders have lost 10 of their last 11 road games.
- The Raiders have covered the spread in each of their last six road openers.
- Seven of the Vikings’ last eight games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Tyrell Williams has scored the first touchdown in each of the Raiders’ last two games.
- Stefon Diggs has scored a touchdown in four of the Vikings’ last five games.
- Dalvin Cook has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Vikings’ last four games following a loss.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.