In all likelihood, the Texans and Chargers are both playoff bound teams. The clear favorites to win the AFC are the Patriots (+165) and Chiefs (+265) with the Texans (+1600) and Chargers (+1000) in the next tier of teams. With both Houston and Los Angeles off to 1-1 starts, this is a pivotal game for both teams to stay on track.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
Even though these teams have the same record, the Texans have been the impressive of the two teams. Their lone loss came in New Orleans, with Drew Brees healthy on a last second field goal. To me, that game did more to bump their stock than lower it. Houston bounced back with a narrow win over the Jaguars, who appear to once again have a stout defense. Deshaun Watson is establishing himself as one of the best building blocks in the league. He looked like an MVP candidate in Week 1, throwing three touchdowns on 8.9 yards per attempt and nearly leading the Texans to a come from behind win.
The Chargers look like they are up to their usual ways. In both of their games, they have blown late leads of what appeared to be games they already won. Against the Colts adjusting to life without Andrew Luck, the Chargers blew a late lead and had to resort to winning in overtime. Last week against the Lions, the Chargers gave up a late touchdown to lose a lead. After driving all the way downfield, Phillip Rivers threw an interception in the end zone to effectively end the game. This sort of play always seems to hand over this franchise, making the Chargers a difficult team to trust.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Texans at Chargers
Point Spread: Texans +3
Total Points: 49
Money Line: Texans +148; Chargers -167
Overall 2018 (2019): Texans 11-6 (1-1); Chargers 13-5 (1-1)
ATS 2018 (2019): Texans 8-9 (1-1); Chargers 10-8 (0-1-1)
O/U 2018 (2019): Texans 7-10 (1-1); Chargers 9-9 (1-1)
Notable Prop Bets
Total Points - Over 22.5 -127, Under 22.5 -103
Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 -108, Under 2.5 -122
Total Points - Over 25.5 -122, Under 25.5 -107
Total Touchdowns - Over 2.5 -127, Under 2.5 -103
First to 20 Points - Texans +135; Chargers -137; Tie +800
- The Texans have won each of their last four road games against AFC opponents.
- The Chargers have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 games in September.
- Each of the Texans’ last four road games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Deshaun Watson has scored the first touchdown in three of the Texans’ last four games.
- DeAndre Hopkins has scored at least one touchdown seven of the Texans’ last eight road games.
- Keenan Allen has scored a touchdown in each of the Chargers’ last four day games at Dignity Health Sports Park.
- Austin Ekeler has scored at least one touchdown in six of the Chargers’ last seven Sunday games at Dignity Health Sports Park.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.