Cam Newton may be out for multiple weeks due to a foot injury, but the Panthers’ offense has been revitalized by Kyle Allen. Not only did Carolina beat the Cardinals in Arizona last week, but they also put up 38 points, their highest-scoring game since Week 9 of last season. Now, with a taste for touchdowns, the Panthers will be hungry for their second victory as they travel to Houston.
After one shaky win against the Jaguars and a more confident win against the Chargers, the Texans are trying to establish a steady foothold on the AFC South. Deshaun Watson has started the season off strong with eight total touchdowns, as he hopes to lead his team to their first victory over the Panthers since 2007. Okay, I know they only play every four years, but it’s still a 12-year drought. Carolina’s pass defense ranks second in the league for fewest yards allowed, making the Deshaun-DeAndre connection a bit tougher. Hopkins has now been held under 68 receiving yards in two consecutive games. The last time he was restricted to that yardage for three straight games was back in 2016 when Brock Osweiler was throwing to him. I don’t see that streak continuing any longer.
Put your knowledge to the test. Sign up for DraftKings and experience the game inside the game.
The Panthers may have built some momentum in Week 3, but I think it will ultimately be squashed by their Week 4 opponents. There are some pretty competitive matchups this week, and I consider this to be one of them. I’m leaning toward a Texans win, but the Panthers rejuvenated offense will find a way to cover the 4-point spread.
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
Panthers at Texans
Point Spread: Panthers +4
Total Points: 47.5
Money Line: Panthers +180; Texans -205
Overall: Panthers 1-2; Texans 2-1
ATS: Panthers 1-2; Texans 2-1
O/U: Panthers 2-1; Texans 1-2
Notable Prop Bets
- Christian McCaffrey to score 2+ TDs: +325
- Will Fuller to score a TD and team to win: +240
- DeAndre Hopkins to go over 86.5 receiving yards: -110
- The Panthers have won each of their last six games against AFC South opponents.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the Panthers’ last five games.
- Each of the last six Sunday games at NRG Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Deshaun Watson has scored the first touchdown in each of the Texans’ last two Sunday home games.
- Will Fuller V has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Texans’ last three Week 4 games.
- Curtis Samuel has scored a touchdown in each of the Panthers’ last three Sunday games as road underdogs.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Odds and lines subject to change. See website for actual odds.
*21+. NJ/WV only. Eligibility restrictions apply. See website for details.