We’re almost at the halfway point of the 2020 NFL regular season. Week 8 will bring the first set of teams reaching the eight-game mark, including the worst team in the league — the New York Jets. They sit at 0-7 and face the Kansas City Chiefs next weekend, so it’s safe to say they’ll be halfway to 0-16 a week from today.
The Jets almost shocked the world to get off the schneid in Week 7. The Jets took a 10-6 lead into the half with Buffalo struggling to do much of anything. However, the Jets offense regressed to what we have come to expect in the second half and Buffalo managed a much-needed win.
We’ll be tracking draft order throughout the season, and at the moment, the Jets hold the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. There are four teams at 1-6 and the Vikings at 1-5, but this is very much the Jets pick to lose. It won’t be changing any next week when they are three touchdown underdogs to the Chiefs.
Here’s the draft order for the top 12 teams, all of whom have two or fewer wins through Week 7. SOS, the tiebreaker, comes via Tankathon.
- New York Jets: 0-7, .588
- New York Giants: 1-6, .547
- Jacksonville Jaguars: 1-6, .565
- Atlanta Falcons: 1-6, .569
- Miami Dolphins — from Houston Texans: 1-6, .589
- Minnesota Vikings: 1-5, .559
- Cincinnati Bengals: 1-5-1, .534
- Dallas Cowboys: 2-5, .453
- Washington Football Team: 2-5, .491
- Los Angeles Chargers: 2-4, .452
- New England Patriots: 2-4, .510
- Denver Broncos: 2-4, .544