The NBA offseason has been in full swing and it likely won’t last very long. The NBA amened the CBA and approved a start date of Dec. 22 for the 2020-21 season. NBA free agency is set to begin on Friday, Nov. 20 with the interview period before players can sign at 12:01 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov. 22.
Because of this, there won’t be a large window for restricted and unrestricted free agents to make a decision on their future. It isn’t a very overwhelming free agent class this offseason unless a few players surprise us. Here we’re going to rank the top 25 UFA and RFA now that we know when free agency will begin.
At the top, we have a couple of decent names, including Anthony Davis coming off his championship win with the Los Angeles Lakers. AD has already been reported to be opting out of his current deal so that he can sign a long-term contract with L.A. Brandon Ingram is the other big name but as a restricted free agent, there’s very little chance he goes anywhere. A team can offer sheet Ingram but the New Orleans Pelicans would likely match any OS. It’ll be interesting to see if any of Gordon Hayward, Andre Drummond or DeMar DeRozan decides to decline the player option and become a UFA.
Note: This includes players who have options and restricted free agents.
- Anthony Davis, LAL, Player Option
- Brandon Ingram, NOP, RFA
- DeMar DeRozan, SAS, Player Option
- Andre Drummond, CLE, Player Option
- De’Aaron Fox, SAC, Club Option
- Fred VanVleet, TOR, UFA
- Montrezl Harrell, LAC, UFA
- Gordon Hayward, BOS, Player Option
- Danilo Gallinari, OKC, UFA
- Evan Fournier, ORL, Player Option
- Hassan Whiteside, POR, UFA
- Marcus Morris, LAC, UFA
- Goran Dragic, MIA, UFA
- Davis Bertans, WAS, UFA
- Serge Ibaka, TOR, UFA
- Bogdan Bogdanovic, SAC, RFA
- Tim Hardaway Jr., DAL, Player Option
- Tristan Thompson, CLE, UFA
- Joe Harris, BKN, UFA
- Otto Porter Jr., CHI, Player Option
- Jerami Grant, DEN, Player Option
- Carmelo Anthony, POR, UFA
- Paul Millsap, DEN, UFA
- Jeff Teague, ATL, UFA
- Jae Crowder, MIA, UFA