We’ve reached the halfway point of the 2020 NFL regular season for over a third of the league. There’s a lot of football left, but the coming into the back stretch of the season, the Jets remain atop the draft order list. They sit at 0-8 following an entirely expected thumping at the hands of the Chiefs.
We’ll be tracking draft order throughout the season, and at the moment, the Jets hold the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. We’re down to three teams with one win as the Giants, Jaguars, and Texans (Dolphins get the pick) sit at 1-6 for the moment. Jacksonville and Houston are on bye while the Giants face the Bucs on Monday Night Football.
Next week, the Jets get a prime time event, hosting the Patriots on MNF. The Giants travel to face Washington and Jacksonville hosts Houston, so the race for the top pick could narrow down a little bit.
Here’s the draft order for the top 12 teams, all of whom have two or fewer wins through Week 8. SOS, the tiebreaker, comes via Tankathon.
- New York Jets: 0-8, .593
- New York Giants: 1-7, .537
- Jacksonville Jaguars: 1-6, .543
- Miami Dolphins — from Houston Texans: 1-6, .565
- Dallas Cowboys: 2-6, .467
- Atlanta Falcons: 2-6, .563
- Washington Football Team: 2-5, .476
- Los Angeles Chargers: 2-5, .496
- New England Patriots: 2-5, .521
- Minnesota Vikings: 2-5, .525
- Cincinnati Bengals: 2-5-1, .517