The Jets welcomed back starting quarterback Sam Darnold as well as his full contingent of receivers, but none of it mattered. They lost 20-3 to the Dolphins and never really showed a sign of life. Darnold and Adam Gase are effectively tied at the hip coming down the stretch and both could be gone by the time the Jets make the No. 1 pick next spring.
Meanwhile, the Jaguars are hanging right behind the Jets. They gave the Browns a serious fight, but came up short on a last second two-point conversion attempt. Shortly after the game ended, Jaguars ownership announced it had fired general manager Dave Caldwell. They told head coach Doug Marrone he would not be fired before the end of the 2020 season, but Black Monday looms large.
Here’s the draft order for the top 11 teams, which includes all teams with four wins or less. SOS serves as the tiebreaker and comes via Tankathon.
- New York Jets: 0-11, .589
- Jacksonville Jaguars: 1-10, .555
- Cincinnati Bengals: 2-8-1, .541
- Dallas Cowboys: 3-8, .488
- Los Angeles Chargers: 3-8, .492
- Carolina Panthers: 4-8, .534
- Philadelphia Eagles: 3-6-1, .523
- Washington Football Team: 3-7, .468
- Detroit Lions: 4-7, .506
- Atlanta Falcons: 4-7, .531
- Miami Dolphins — from Houston Texans: 4-7, .549