The New York Jets had the No. 1 pick of the 2021 NFL Draft in their hands headed into Week 15, but they let it slip away — with a little help from the Rams — with a win last week. That put the Jacksonville Jaguars in the driver’s seat for the first overall selection and a shot at Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence.
Both teams have an identical 1-13 record heading into Week 16, and to nobody’s surprise, both teams are underdogs this week. The Jets host the Browns this week, and Jacksonville welcomes the Bears. Next week, the Jets close out the season at New England, while the Jaguars are in Indianapolis. If both teams lose out, the Jaguars will finish with the top pick.
I stopped the list at seven this week, because there are six teams taking a 5-9 record into this weekend’s games. After individual records, strength of schedule is the first tiebreaker for teams and is in parenthesis after each team’s record. Hat tip to Tankathon for providing that. Each team’s Week 16 opponent is listed as well.
- Jaguars: 1-13 (.553) — vs. Bears
- Jets: 1-13 (.598) — vs. Browns
- Bengals: 3-10-1 (.533) — @ Texans
- Panthers: 4-10 (.533) — @ Washington
- Falcons: 4-10 (.537) — @ Chiefs
- Texans (Dolphins hold pick): 4-10 (.549) — vs. Bengals
- Eagles: 4-9-1 (.531) — @ Cowboys