The NFL is a little over halfway through the Week 16 schedule, and the top two picks are officially set. The Jaguars hold the No. 1 pick and the Jets have claimed the No. 2 pick. The rest of the order can change considerably over the remaining games this week and next.
The Jets were on the fast track to the No. 1 overall pick, only to stun the Rams in LA in Week 15. They followed that up with a win over the Browns and sunk their hopes of drafting Trevor Lawrence. The Jaguars continued losing, and even with one week left, Jacksonville cannot lose the strength of schedule tiebreaker.
The draft order watch now moves into the rest of the top five. The Falcons lost a tight one to the Chiefs and have climbed to the No. 3 spot. The Panthers would move back ahead of them with a loss to Washington.
The Texans hold the No. 4 spot for the time being, but they don’t even hold their own pick. They traded the pick to the Dolphins in the Laremy Tunsil trade and Miami could find themselves falling into a top five pick!
Here’s the draft order for the top 11 teams, which includes all teams with five wins or less. SOS serves as the first tiebreaker and comes via Tankathon. You can review the full tiebreaker procedure here.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: 1-14, .548
- New York Jets: 2-13, .592
- Miami Dolphins — from Houston Texans: 4-11, .540
- Atlanta Falcons: 4-11, .550
- Cincinnati Bengals: 4-10-1, .527
- Philadelphia Eagles: 4-10-1, .531
- Detroit Lions: 5-10, .504
- New York Giants: 5-10, .506
- Carolina Panthers: 5-10, .529
- Denver Broncos: 5-10, .567