The NFL finally wrapped up Week 12, marking the longest week of football in recent memory. The Steelers beat the Ravens on Wednesday to close out a week that began the previous Thursday on Thanksgiving.
The delay means there will be no Thursday Night Football in Week 13, and so we look ahead to Sunday, and then an unexpected Monday doubleheader and Tuesday game due to Covid-19. It is a big week with some key matchups and a chance for teams to start clinching the first playoff berths of the season.
The NFL released clinching scenarios for Week 13 and it includes three teams. The Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers have playoff and division clinching scenarios in the AFC. The New Orleans Saints have a playoff clinching scenario in the NFC. Here’s how they break down.
Kansas City Chiefs
AFC West title
- KC win + LV loss or tie OR
- KC tie + LV loss
- KC win OR
- KC tie + BAL loss or tie + IND loss OR
- KC tie + LV tie + BAL loss or tie + IND tie OR
- KC tie + LV tie + MIA loss + IND loss or tie OR
- KC tie + LV tie + MIA loss + BAL loss or tie OR
- KC tie + MIA loss + BAL loss or tie + IND tie OR
- LV loss + BAL loss + IND loss
AFC North title
- PIT win + CLE loss + PIT clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over CLE
- PIT win or tie OR
- LV loss or tie OR
- MIA loss or tie OR
- IND loss or tie
New Orleans Saints
- NO win + CHI loss or tie OR
- NO tie + CHI loss + MIN loss + SF loss or tie OR
- NO tie + CHI loss + MIN loss + ARI loss or tie