EPL Return Plan
After the English Premier League (EPL) suspended its season on March 13 due to the coronavirus, a plan was successfully formulated into place to bring back the league on June 17. As with most sports returning, no fans will be in attendance, which is, unfortunately, becoming the new normal in 2020. For fans in the United Kingdom, the league shareholders did approve a proposal that would broadcast all remaining matches. The action will return with Aston Villa vs. Sheffield United and Manchester City vs. Arsenal as the first matches taking place, followed by a full round of matches between June 19-21. As it currently stands, the EPL has 92 fixtures remaining in the season.
Curious about when major leagues and events will return? Check out our DraftKings Sports Calendar for the latest updates.
EPL Health Protocols
For the league to remain active safely, proper precautions were needed to be implemented. Some of the more important changes that have come out of the EPL return are as follows:
- Clubs will now be allowed to make five in-game substitutions, raising the number from the usual three.
- Clubs will be allowed to have nine players on the bench, an increase over the usual seven.
- Corner flags, benches, match ball and goal posts will be cleaned prior and at the conclusion of a match.
- A maximum of 300 people will be allowed in the stadium during matches.
- Players are encouraged to not spit on the pitch during matches and must practice social distancing during goal celebrations
EPL Schedule of Games
The schedule of game windows will be as follows:
- Fridays, 3 p.m. ET
- Saturdays: 7:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m. ET
- Sundays 7 a.m., 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m. ET
- Mondays, 3 p.m. ET
EPL Top 10 Odds on DraftKings Sportsbook
- Wolves (-3335)
- Arsenal (-1667)
- Tottenham (-1667)
- Sheffield United (-1250)
- Burnley (+188)
- Crystal Palace (+200)
- Southampton (+650)
- Newcastle (+1600)
- Brighton (+10000)
- Watford (+15000)
- West Ham (+15000)
All odds provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
EPL Stats Leaders
1. Jamie Vardy, Leicester, 19
2. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal, 17
T-3. Sergio Aguero, Man City, 16
T-3. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool, 16
1. Kevin De Bruyne, Man City, 16
2. Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool, 12
3. Riyad Mahrez, Man City, 8
1. Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool, 2,478
2. Rodrigo, Man City, 1,995
3. Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool, 1,986
1. Nick Pope, Burnley, 11
T-2. Dean Henderson, Sheffield United, 10
T-2. Alisson, Liverpool, 10
T-2. Kasper Schmeichel, Leichester, 10
EPL Analysis from DraftKings Playbook
Editor’s Note: For more analysis, click on each article listed below.
- English Premier League Soccer Picks: MANCHESTER CITY VS. ARSENAL DraftKings DFS Showdown Picks, Betting Predictions and Analysis — via Charlie Mullan
- English Premier League Fantasy Soccer Picks: MANCHESTER CITY vs. ARSENAL DraftKings DFS Showndown Strategy, Captain’s Pick — via Nikhil Kalro
- English Premier League Soccer: Taking a Look at the Key Markets — via Charlie Mullan
- DraftKings Sportsbook EPL Soccer Free Pool Picks: Picks, Betting Predictions and Analysis for June 17 — via Charlie Mullan
EPL Return Analysis from DK Nation
Read up on all the information about the EPL return from DraftKings Nation.
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN) or 1-800-522-4700 (NH/CO). NH/NJ/WV/IN/PA/CO only. 21+ (18+ NH). Eligibility Restrictions Apply. See website for details. Odds and lines subject to change.