IMPORTANT! PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE CONTEST RULES (hereinafter, “Contest Rules”) BEFORE ENTERING THE MMA $300K KNOCKOUT KING AS THESE RULES AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
MMA $300K KNOCKOUT KING TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONTEST DESCRIPTION: DraftKings is pleased to announce an exciting new contest, the MMA $300K Knockout King (the “Contest”), exclusively for DraftKings Players.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Once a Player has accumulated three (3) entries to the $300K Knockout King Contest, the Player is no longer allowed to win additional entries into the $300K Knockout King Contest from Qualifiers. If a player chooses to play in additional $300K Knockout King qualifier contests after they have won their third entry to $300K Knockout King and they happen to win an additional qualifier, they will receive $0 for their additional entry and the ticket will be awarded to second place.
If a player wins multiple qualifier contests at the time their third entry was accumulated, they will receive the cash value of their additional qualifiers. DraftKings will rerun those additional qualifiers.
If one or more DraftKings Players tie in a Qualifier, in which the tie determines who wins the “ticket” to the $300K Knockout King Contest, there will be a tiebreaker playoff contest between the tied DraftKings Players, to determine the Qualifier Winner. The scheduling of the tiebreaker playoff contest will be solely determined by DraftKings.
ROUNDS IN THE $300K KNOCKOUT KING
The 100 Qualifiers will compete in Round 1 of the $300K Knockout King by drafting lineups on a date to be determined later by DraftKings. The top 50 finishers will advance to round 2 of the $300K Knockout King. If one or more DraftKings Players tie for the 50th spot, there will be a tiebreaker playoff contest between the tied DraftKings Players, to determine who advances. The scheduling of the tiebreaker playoff contest will be solely determined by DraftKings.
The 50 DraftKings Players that advance beyond Round 1 will compete in Round 2 of the $300K Knockout King by drafting lineups on a date to be determined later by DraftKings. The top 25 finishers will advance to round 3 of the $300K Knockout King. If one or more DraftKings Players tie for the 25th position, there will be a tiebreaker playoff contest between the tied DraftKings Players, to determine who advances. The scheduling of the tiebreaker playoff contest will be solely determined by DraftKings.
Round 3 (Final Round)
The 25 DraftKings Players that advance to the Final Round will draft lineups on a date to be determined later by DraftKings. In the event of a tie for any position, DraftKings’ standard tiebreaker rules apply.
First Place Winnings
The first place winner will receive the $100,000 top prize. In the event of a tie, there will be a tiebreaker (run in DraftKings sole discretion) to determine a first-place winner. The first-place winner, as decided by the tiebreaker, will win the Grand Prize.
RULES OF PLAY
Players must be 18 (19+ in Nebraska and 21+ in Massachusetts) years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States. Additionally, in order to be eligible to win the VIP Experience, the Player must possess appropriate travel documentation necessary to allow the player to travel to and from the Location at the beginning of the Contest in order to be eligible to receive the Prize.
CONDITIONS ON CLAIMING PRIZE
The finalists of the Contest, in order to claim any prizes (either the Top Prize, cash prizes, or the Grand Prize, or both as the case may be), must meet the following requirements:
- Where legal, each Prize Winner and each guest attending the Contest at the Location must consent to the use of his/her name, voice, video, and likeness/photograph in and in connection with the development, production, distribution, commercialization, promotion and/or exploitation of DraftKings and the Contest in a form reasonably directed by the organizers of the Contest or other representatives of DraftKings;
- Wear patches, attire, and/or promotional items as DraftKings may reasonably direct, and otherwise act as a brand ambassador for DraftKings;
- Refrain from acting as a brand ambassador, or in any way promoting or endorsing any third party whose core business is offering daily real-money fantasy sports contests;
- Agree to be bound by and adhere to all rules and codes of conduct as required by the terms and conditions during your participation in the Contest;
- Consent to the release of certain personal information to the DraftKings for purposes related to participation and eligibility for your participation in the Contest;
- Schedule, reserve and provide for your own travel arrangements to and from the hotel at the Location.
- Execute other documents as DraftKings may reasonably request;
- Respond in a timely manner to DraftKings’ reasonable requests to facilitate trip planning and coordination;
- At all times while traveling to, from and while attending the trip to the Contest, use his/her best endeavors to uphold the good name, image and reputation of DraftKings and shall not make any statements or engage in conduct which could damage or bring into disrepute the name and/or image and/or reputation of DraftKings; and
- At all times conduct him/herself in a professional manner, and shall not be involved in any conduct or activity that may bring the winner into disrepute, or harm the finalist or winner’s name or reputation(hereinafter, collectively, the “Requirements”).
In the event a Prize Winner is not able to meet the Requirements for claiming the Prize, such Prize Winner, shall not be entitled to the Prize, the Grand Prize, or any other prize, compensation or monetary value whatsoever, and DraftKings will have no further obligation to the Prize Winner. In addition, each DraftKings player under the age of twenty-one (21) acknowledges that the physical venue in which the Contest will be held in may be age-restricted, and DraftKings players under the age of 21 may be prohibited from entering a specific venue. Should a Prize Winner be under the age of twenty-one (21) during the Contest date, and such a venue age-restriction exist in the Contest venue, the Prize Winner shall still be eligible to participate in the Contest, but may be required to participate from a remote location from the venue on the date of the Contest. The DraftKings player explicitly agrees that by entering the Contest, the sole prize for becoming a Prize Winner in the Contest is the Prize with the opportunity to win the Grand Prize. The Prize Winner who wins both the Prize and the Grand Prize, as applicable, must be able to fulfill the Requirements. A Prize Winner’s failure to fulfill the Requirements shall constitute a disclaimer by the Prize Winner of the Prize, the Grand Prize, or any other prize, compensation, or monetary value of any nature whatsoever associated with or otherwise related to the Contest.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
CONSENT OF USE
Each DraftKings player who enters the Contest (an “Entrant”) hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the editing, modification, replication, publication and/or other use of the names, likenesses, photographs, videos, voices, entries and the like of the Entrant in any medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by DraftKings. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, each Entrant further assigns any and all rights he or she may have over his or her Entry to the Sponsor without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind.
As used herein, a “Force Majeure” event shall mean the interruption of or material interference with DraftKings’ ability to grant any Prize or Grand Prize, or any other compensation, consideration, or any other thing of value to the Prize Winners by any cause or occurrence not within DraftKings’ reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, hurricane, terrorist threat or activity, public health emergency (e.g., SARS), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, or order of any court. In the event of a Force Majeure, DraftKings may reschedule the Contest, or may cancel the Contest altogether.
DraftKings reserves the right to alter these rules and event at any time in DraftKings’ sole discretion upon reasonable notice to you; provided however that any change in the Prize shall be made prior to the beginning of the Contest.